Used 2000 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great car but high maintenance
By Kman

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I do like my BMW but after 5.5 years and 70K miles the car is not what it was 3 years ago. Everything is breaking down and am having the worse time with the car. After the first 3 years itís been in the shop many times to fix all kinds of stuff. I agree that its fun to drive but with all the troubles I have been having itís not worth buying the car. If you have lots of money to waist then go ahead and buy the car else do not purchase this car.

Windows system, computer, all sensors, breaking system, stabilization system, speakers, interior trims, etc...

5 month review
By Hootie361

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Time for the 5 month review. Highly recommend buying the service manual and an error-code reader ($250 total for both). My car had little things, such as bulbs, sensors, filters degrade and required replacing. These cars are CAKE to work on so long as you have the service manual. Most repairs require very basic tools and a couple hours of patience. My first winter encountered no driving problems, even on snow-covered roads. The DSC kicks in as needed to keep the vehicle from slipping, even with all- season tires. I still can't get enough of this auto...

The ease of which you can work on this car. Mechanics must make a fortune off these repair jobs. This is honestly the most efficiently assembled car I've ever seen. I plan on doing my own inspections with help from the service manual.

Turn signal bulbs require a little effort to access, as opposed to the headlight bulbs that just pop off as needed.

Slack-jawed
By Hootie361

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I finally understand why people take "joy rides" in their cars. The performance of this sedan is superb on the twisting, dipping, back-country roads near my residence. The engine power is impressive, the transmission shifts are smooth, the tires hug the road, the breaks stop on a dime...the car lives up to the title of "ultimate driving machine". For high speed driving, I recommend a high-end set of tires...my all season's transmit vibrations starting at 85mph (but disappear around 100mph). The car is absolutely convenient, only had 2 minor (<$20 fix) problems so far.

Tiptronic transmission, auto-sensing and power everything, aesthetic appeal, 22mpg average, after-market customizing options. May as well be honest...the pure sex appeal of this car. To understand the enthusiasm, just drive one.

Rear-seat cup holders, more trunk space or fold down rear seats (available in newer models), longer warranty period (just incase), a stereo system with easily upgradable components. A built-in radar detector.

expensive to maintain
By bagua

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Overall a decent car but once it's over warranty it's not worth having due to extremely high repair costs. Could use more power at times. One major complaint is the driver's seat has no support, become's very uncomfortable quickly and I only have 50000 miles on the car so the seats should have held out longer than that I would have thought. The brakes are very high maitenance and don't have a very long life. If I ever buy another BMW I would only buy or lease new.

One great Three!
By ctyson

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This car is a blast to drive! Do youself a favor a put on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. Premium rubber will take your 3 to the next level - it's well worth the cost. I recently took a trip up to CT where I blew the doors off my brother-in-law's new S-Type Jaguar with a 4.2 V8! When I hit 140mph my 328i still felt rock solid going around highway bends as he disappeared in my rear-view mirror.

Smooth and responsive inline engine.

More power.