Used 2000 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

7 years and counting
By Bryncerdd

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car on the basis of promised road-handling and prior experience with an earlier BMW. Some minor issues which should not have occurred (malfunctioning sun roof, malfunctioning ignition switch) have been the only problems. The car handles delightfully, has a shorter turning radius than any four-door car I have encountered, looks good inside and out. This is not an economy car, and may be overrated by some enthusiasts, but it is still a safe and enjoyable means of transportation. I could, and do, recommend it to any potential purchaser.

Exterior paint, steering, engine.

Improve reliability of electrical systems, find brake pads that produce less dust.

Long term keepsake.
By Julio M.

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

It is expensive to maintain after the honeymoon (warranty), i.e. inspection #1, #2 and #3 and tires, oil change. Some dealers use the "access by dealer only" to sell unneeded part, plus outrageous hourly fees. I bought mine new but I would recommend to someone with a good income after 100,000 miles. Very reliable, powerful and fast on the Autobahn. Stateside a Mustang in a barn.

Manual trans, power on demand. Handling. Gas mileage w/o A/C, 34 MPG. Reliability. Color: Titanium Silver.

Should have the dealer balance and align tires before ownership. Front passenger side area should be a bit wider for big people.

Can't go wrong with a BMW
By lovemybmw

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my third BMW and my favorite yet, before this car I had a 1999 M3 coupe. I was a little worried about losing power but the 2.8 makes plenty of power and really gets up and scoots. The handling of this car feels just as good as my M3, the ride is firm but comfortable, and the manual trans shifts smooth and precise.

Looks, power, fuel efficient for a luxury car,

Could use a little more space, however bmw fixed that in 06 with the new body style.

BMW Does Not Equal Quality
By BMW = Quality???

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I'm a 32 year old financial planner. Owned a Honda and two Toyota's before deciding to buy THE car. I bought a used 2000 328i with 45k miles on it two years ago. It now has a little over 100k on it. It still runs great, feels great, looks great, it's a real joy to drive. BUT the maintenance costs on this car are crazy. Sensors, computers, brakes, thermostat. I've probably spent an additional $3,000 in the last 12 months on maintenance issues. I finally found a local shop that works on them rather than getting robbed at the dealership for every little thing. Fun car to drive, expensive to own.

Great ride! Very comfortable. Gas mileage is good. And it's still great to look at.

The long term reliability of this car is a real downer.

Unreliable
By UnhappyBMWowner

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Purchased used with 33,000 miles. This is my second, and how disappointed I am. Way too many problems, with everything from the windows to the braking system, to the engine and etc. 14 trips to the dealer for repairs since 10/2003. I would never buy another, and am looking into an Audi or Mercedes. I do have to admit the the MPG is awesome, at times I have clocked 40+. BMW is not what it used to be!! BMW really needs to work on the reliability. This car is way too expensive to maintain!

Radio controls on the steering wheel, the handling around turns on my country roads and most definitely the MPG.

Window mechanics, braking mechanics, and just some good old reliability!!