2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Buy the warranty
By All Jazz on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my BMW 328 with 44,000 miles on it. It is beautiful and drives like a dream. The problem is that many little things keep breaking. I don't even drive it everyday. I have only put 5,000 miles on it in one year. It has been in the shop 3 X. Currently, the emergency light is not working. That's bad. Great cars but make sure that you buy the warranty.Also, when you call to get it fixed the wait is 2 weeks. Good thing I have a backup car. My dependable Jeep Grand Cherokee! (for real) Husband drives a 1991 BMW and has had no trouble with it. Purchased it with 65,000 miles on it. Again, make sure you get the warranty!

AWESOME CAR!
By WNDYAUTUMN on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This car is everything we could have asked for. It's fun to drive, everytime I get into it I renew my love for it. We came out of a Cadillac Seville STS and will probably never go back.

Perfect
By 2KBMW on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

What can I say. Best car I've ever owned.

Best car I've owned
By Joe Guzzi on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This car is the best I've owned. Fit and finish are second to no one. No problems in past year.

BMW-Biggest Mistake on Wheels
By unhappy beamer owner on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is the worst nightmare I have experienced with a vehicle. I have owned this vehicle for thirteen months and it has been in the shop nine times, with major mechanical problems including but not limited to, a new engine at 40000 miles and a new transmission at 60000. The only good thing I have to say about this vehicle, it is fun to drive when it will drive. Nice to look at but, Just say NO!

Never Again
By aaprop on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I loved this car until it went out of warranty 6000 miles ago - I've now spent $6000 on repairs at the dealership. An independent repair shop said my repairs are typical of problems they see with both the 3 and 5 series. And they gave me a list of other things that will likely need fixing in the near future. I have never owned a car that required so many costly repairs. I assumed the high price of the car meant higher quality and fewer long term maintenance problems. I was wrong -- and I'll never make this mistake again.

The Ultimate Driving Machine
By freqflier on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my second BMW, I previously owned a 323i. This is the best 3- series for the money. Although the 330 IS faster and has more torque, I couldn't see paying the additional 5K. The plus side, 328 steering feels better than 330 steering. I've only had the car in the shop once to get some new rotors and brakes. The OEM rotors were squealing everytime I stopped. Did that service at 36K miles at a cost of $800.

awesome!
By vicsta on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

The most fun to drive car out there for the money... highly recommended.

The Germans build a better car.
By rwlpa on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I had always owned American cars --- never again. The Germans build a better car. No more front wheel drive for me. The performance and handling of a manual gearbox front rear wheel drive car is a wonderful thing.

Impressive Sports Sedan
By The_Ave on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my third 3 series, all I can say is they are all awesome! This car is has an unbelievable style along with power, handling and just plain fun to drive. The larger 17 inch rims and sports package definitely turns heads and is a must have for me. Cost for service is a bit high but rarely needed. I found a great independent authorized BMW certified mechanic that does all my work for less than half what the dealer charges. I love this car, buy one and I know you will enjoy for many years!