2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: 2000 323ci bled my bank accoun

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

323Ci Coupe (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2000 323ci bled my bank account
By atticrat on

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I inheirited a 2000 BMW 323 ci that was a low mileage car. It had all the bells and whistles to boot. Initially I thought it was a fairly distictive car until all of the EXPENSIVE problems crept up. With only 25,000 on the odometer I had to replace so many things it was just ghastly! Sunroof problems, A/C ventilation (electrical) problems, window motor failure, suspension bushings, oil leaks, auto transmission problems and the interior began falling apart. After living with this car for a couple of years I tired of its stiff ride, road noise, creaks and rattles, stiff steering and spongy brake pedal. Also the hard seats were the worst I ever sat in, game me back aches. BMW=WAY OVERRATED!

Small size, good visability and reasonable gas mileage. And it had good headlamp optics.

Horrible spongy brake pedal feel and touchy brakes; stiff steering lacking road feel; cheap interior materials fall apart; sport seats kill your back; stiff, noisy ride (this is luxury?); useless back seat; sunroof has a mind of its own then decides to die; quick battery run down; auto transmission is troublesome; oil leaks; so many electrical failures. If you want a BMW make sure it's leased then dump it! BMW's are the most overrated automobiles from here to Timbuktu!