Used 2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Good-looking & fun, breaks a lot
By averykc

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Overall, I enjoy this car. I like the wagon's look, that it feels solid, & that it isn't too common. My complaints are that it doesn't have much power for accelerating, I'm replacing brakes every 20k miles, all 4 windows have broken, and the lower control arms have been replaced twice (in 57k miles). Oh yeah, the sunroof is toast, too. It makes me miss my Honda, but I like the feel of the BMW so much that I'm not sure I can go back. I've spent $.04-.08/mile maintaining Hondas & Nissans; this BMW is costing me $.16/mile.

Looks, interior wears well, not a common car to see, key-controlled memory seats, fun to drive, good handling, quiet

More horsepower! Longer-lasting brakes, windows, control arms & overall better reliability.

323iT Sports Wagon
By TalkingBodies

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

This is a great car. It drives, handles, and feels like a unique, solid performance sedan should, yet it is smooth and quiet and gets respectable gas mileage. When considering a BMW, please remember that it is not a Japanese car; it won't be as reliable and as simple to drive, nor as cheap. Conversely, you'll be reminded it isn't Japanese every time you drive it -- it's that enjoyable. Maintenance is also more costly: air filters cost $20, it takes synthetic oil, and even special windshield wipers. You should be aware of this before you test drive. My wagon has had only minor problems: door latches and a sunroof drain issue. I love this car -- I won’t buy another brand.

The overall atmosphere of the interior; the cornering; the smile-producing acceleration; the heated seats; the BMW rechargeable flashlight; the Central Locking System; the Freeze Warning; the airplane-like panoramic view of the road; the steering feel; the solid "thump" when a door is closed.

More horsepower would be nice. Also, some more storage up front.

One year later
By luvmysunz

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Bought my 323it a year ago and I love it more than the day I drove it off the lot! Best car I have ever owned..hands down. The handling in city driving can't be beat - smooth acceleration, precision steering. The ride is still quiet and in no way feels like there are 52,000 miles under its wheels. Weekend getaways are a joy. With the roof rack system we purchased for luggage carrying, it is actually more roomy inside on these trips than my 4Runner was. And the drop down separator in the back seat has been a lifesaver with two boys under 13! Love it, love it, love it.

Handling, back seat separator, cargo net, just a blast to drive.

more storage in front seat for CDs, etc., otherwise, it's perfect

Stylish but over-rated
By surfman

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Purchased used with 32,000 miles for less than half the MSRP. Even with the sport suspension this is not the ultimate driving machine. The 2.5 six is underpowered and the ride can be harsh. I like the look of the wagon body, but the styling is a bit fussy. The interior is comfortable but uninspired. Would never buy an overpriced new one. I still have my 94 Honda Accord wagon which continues to impress me.

Heated sport seats, nice hunkered down look, smooth braking power.

Better interior styling and packaging, More powerful engine, longer lasting brakes, power windows that don't break, less plastic trim at door sills and hatch, more back seat leg room.

What a Car!
By Gilesjewels

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

Always loved Saabs for the way they handled curves and cornering but this first time Bmw owner is convinced that this is the best car I have ever driven.It is powerful,luxurious, and drives smooth.

Leather seats, cd player, wood trim, dimming rear-view mirror, and great road handling.

More storage for cd's ,better side view mirrors perhaps add small convex mirrors for better view of the road

• SUV