2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Love My 3-series Coupe..Glitches and All
By ghillier on 11/24/04 15:30 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 # series coupe in Feb 2003 with 28,000 miles on it. In general, I love the car. It looks great, has comfy front seats, handles well on dry pavement, and gets awesome gas mileage. My complaints include lousy brakes - I've had them replaced once and they still pull the car to right and severe hydroplaning in rainy conditions.

Fantastic Car!
By e30mpwrd on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Bought my 323 with 60k miles on the clock. The car has been fantastic. Yes it's underpowered relative to the 330--but that's why it costs less! The car is still quick--esp. when it gets in the heart of the rev's, and it handles like--well, like a BMW should. The ergonomics of this car (the E46) are a huge step forward from the E36.

Lady in RED
By Lady in Red on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This is my favorite vehicle i have ever owned. The quality is superior to all others. BMW is a great investment!!!

Overpriced and unreliable
By bueller72 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car brand new in 2000 and can honestly say that this has been the most expensive and poorly designed vehicle I've ever owned. I've had the following issues: suspension issues (control arms - 2 times!), HVAC, ignition switch, windown regulators, power steering pump, radio, horns, speakers go bad and require replacement. Latest issues: camshaft sensor, amplifier, and another power window regulator. Stay away from BMW. BMW North America doesn't care about their customers either. After warranty expires, DUMP THIS CAR.

Very Satisfied, but
By Upstate on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Overall, the performance, roadhandling, and drivability of this model BMW is outstanding. Also, the interior design and comfort is all you could ask for from this size vehicle. The one disappointment is its poor road handling on snowy roads. My car came with 17" low profile all-season tires that track very poorly on snowy roads. Snow tires are a must in winter environments. Another negative impact of cold weather on my BMW's engine is about a 20% reduction in gas mileage.

One Beautiful Bavarian
By JtodaJizzle on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This vehicle was one of the best investments I have ever made. BMWs keep their value so well. My car still performs and looks like it is brand new. This car is in mint condition and it has 45,000 miles on it. The engine still performs when you push it and the suspension and ride quality is second to none.

car of our dreams?
By uttalinger on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

We bought a 2000 BMW 5 months ago. The road handling of the car is like no other, it is superior in hugging the road and leaves the driver a powerful feeling of being in control. The car has also been in the shop 4 times. The engine is very underpowered and stalls on hills. The electric mirrors broke, moon roof broke, bushings went, control arms had to be replaced, water leaks in door, shifter knob fell off and numerous other problems. The dealer says this is inherent in these cars and can do nothing for us. The car, in our opinion, is unsafe and a "lemon".

The best car on the market in this niche
By plusdirekt on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

The BMW motto in America is "the ultimate driving machine", in Europe - "the pleasure of motoring". Both quite accurately describe this particular car. I don't know any other car in this category that would compare to a BMW Coupe.

Great car
By Sue L on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new when first released in 1999 and the only problem I've had is with the sunroof shade. I've had the panel and tracks replaced twice. The car is mechancially sound, rides great even without the sport pkg. Harmon Kardon stereo system is great although after a near accident, the CD player skips on bumpy roads. Exceptional gas mileage. Comfortable and fun to drive.

The ultimate driving machine??
By iseedipp on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Great looking car i was fortunate enough that my parents bought me a black one for my bday with 29,000. Dont feel very classy with squeaky brakes (31,000 miles) yes i drive my bmw hard but then again it's "the ultimate driving machine" it's made to be driven and looked at. BMW work on your brake quality