2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BMW 323i- Things to watch for........
By BMW on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Was not pleased when the window regulators on BOTH the driver and front passenger windows needed to be replaced within 24 months. Also, had to get the moonroof liners replaced twice between 12 and 24 months. Make sure to ask for windshield wipers @ your 12 mo. maint. repairs. (Need to claim they are streaking.) Don't bother writing to BMW about quality problems (windwow regulators) - they will just send you a form letter saying they are sorry to hear from you. Also - the firm they outsource to will be good at calling to follow up on how you felt about your recent repair experiance - but when you complain nothing happens.

Electrical Nightmare.....BEWARE!!!
By Electrical Disaster on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Rear tail light burns out 3 months after purchase. Dealer took care of it with NO PAPER WORK. 8 months later, same light burns out. Service guy handed me 5 bulbs, NO PAPER WORK. I neglected to notice a few little electrical problems from a few months after purchase. After 3 years and 106,000 miles here are my electrical problems: Left rear tail light won't work, sun roof won't work all the time, headlights pulsate in intensity along with clicking sound in glove box, and this: door locks don't work all the time. I got the attention of BMW, USA and they paid HALF the cost $2,100! Why? Because I didn't document my electrical problems before my warranty expired.

Buyers beware
By garlic7 on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Before this car I would have bought BMW's for the remainder of my driving days. Now, I will not buy another one. True, it is fun to drive. Although sluggish on the uptake, the sport auto transmission makes up the difference. Mechanically this car is a nightmare. Mine is in the shop every 6 weeks and when I get it back I call the next week to set up another service appointment. For city dwellers with less than expressway quality roads, don't buy this car. You will be replacing wheels (rims) every year at a cost of $1200+ and tires every 15k miles. Keep your money and buy something more economical and reliable.

First but no last
By Johnny P on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW but surely not my last. It was well worth teh wait to try the rest first. I opted for the 323i over the 328i because of cost and fuel economy. Although I've had two recurring problems, the dealer was exceptional at resolving quickly and professionally. Front brakes were replaced twice before pulsing and pulling were fixed at 20,000. Sun roof shield guides had to be replaced twice. Rest has been a dream.

BMW 323 - 2000
By rmanning on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

The vehicle is an extremely solid and handles very well on the road. The gas mileage could be better especially since it requires premium gas. The car is preety relialble at least for the first 32,000 miles. Repairs appear to be costly after the warranty period is over.

2 years in the life of the 2000 323Ci
By The H on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

If you are considering the 323Ci, please get the sports package w/17 in. rims..makes this car look AWESOME! The ride and handling make this car truly fun to drive, although it does lack power, then again, I could not justify the extra $8K for 20 more horses in the 328 model. Despite buying one of the least expensive models (only upgrades were HK stereo, sports pack, and CD) friends always guess I paid $10K more than I did.

It really is a value.
By Dozier on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

When you consider what this car has and does, plus the sheer good looks and safety, it's more than worth the cash. I've experienced no problems at all, and the dealership is amazing. I'm back in the BMW camp for good this time.

323 sports wagon
By Hifolks on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323iT 4dr Wagon

The sports wagon handles like a sports car it is. The back feels larger than the Edmund’s review suggests. The cargo room is small, but the wagon carries more than the sedan. My biggest compliant concerns the proximity of the area above the drivers door to by head, there is not enough room, I am sure this is a safety trade- off for headroom. I do not use the visor turned above the door because I have to crank by head to keep it from hitting the visor.

Truly "The Ultimate Driving Machine"!
By mschbrem on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

If you have the money to spend, and tend to drive with only one more person, this is the car for you! Back seat space is a little limited but then again IT IS A COUPE! Drove the car from South Florida to Northern Virginia without getting back problems or growing tired. Smooth, quiet and very comfortable (with the sport seats)!

Sport package w/ 17" rims
By jdiehl on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Getting ready to turn in my 3yr lease vehicle and I'm not wanting to give it back! This car gave me zero problems in the 3yrs that I've driven it. This is my 2nd bimmer and will not be my last. When I first picked it up, everyone thought it was the new M3 (in '99) because of the sport package (really glad I got that option). :-)