Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Slack-jawed
By Hootie361

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I finally understand why people take "joy rides" in their cars. The performance of this sedan is superb on the twisting, dipping, back-country roads near my residence. The engine power is impressive, the transmission shifts are smooth, the tires hug the road, the breaks stop on a dime...the car lives up to the title of "ultimate driving machine". For high speed driving, I recommend a high-end set of tires...my all season's transmit vibrations starting at 85mph (but disappear around 100mph). The car is absolutely convenient, only had 2 minor (<$20 fix) problems so far.

Favorite Features

Tiptronic transmission, auto-sensing and power everything, aesthetic appeal, 22mpg average, after-market customizing options. May as well be honest...the pure sex appeal of this car. To understand the enthusiasm, just drive one.

Suggested Improvements

Rear-seat cup holders, more trunk space or fold down rear seats (available in newer models), longer warranty period (just incase), a stereo system with easily upgradable components. A built-in radar detector.

BMW Driver
By pekiii

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

This vehicle amazes me in how well it is made. The fit and attention to detail is unmistakably obvious. Unlike ANY american car with as many miles 88K in four years there is simply no comaprison. I would rather spend 20K on a used BMW than a new american car. Forget Italian, Swedish, French even Japanese or Korean cars. Germany is were the only true automobile is engineered. P.S. I'm involved on a daily basis with automobile mfg. plants throughout the midwest and only foreign owned and operated mfg. are really concerned with making a superior product. Visteon and Delphi will be bankrupt within 20 years. The American business model is to blame.

Favorite Features

instrument lighting

Suggested Improvements

More Power torque/ponies

expensive to maintain
By bagua

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Overall a decent car but once it's over warranty it's not worth having due to extremely high repair costs. Could use more power at times. One major complaint is the driver's seat has no support, become's very uncomfortable quickly and I only have 50000 miles on the car so the seats should have held out longer than that I would have thought. The brakes are very high maitenance and don't have a very long life. If I ever buy another BMW I would only buy or lease new.

Best Car in the Desert
By Living in Phoenix

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Great car for the everyday commute. Awesome when you get on the open road, and leaves you feeling safe and snug with the handeling abilities and numerous safety features in the city. I can't wait to purchase the next one! One note, you must keep up on the preventative maint., seems a bit costly at first, but these cars go forever.

Favorite Features

Sporty driving feel, and comfort on long drives. Car is very simple in the interior. Finally, the car looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the manual transmission

One great Three!
By ctyson

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This car is a blast to drive! Do youself a favor a put on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. Premium rubber will take your 3 to the next level - it's well worth the cost. I recently took a trip up to CT where I blew the doors off my brother-in-law's new S-Type Jaguar with a 4.2 V8! When I hit 140mph my 328i still felt rock solid going around highway bends as he disappeared in my rear-view mirror.

Favorite Features

Smooth and responsive inline engine.

Suggested Improvements

More power.