Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

expensive to maintain
By bagua

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

Overall a decent car but once it's over warranty it's not worth having due to extremely high repair costs. Could use more power at times. One major complaint is the driver's seat has no support, become's very uncomfortable quickly and I only have 50000 miles on the car so the seats should have held out longer than that I would have thought. The brakes are very high maitenance and don't have a very long life. If I ever buy another BMW I would only buy or lease new.

Best Car in the Desert
By Living in Phoenix

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Great car for the everyday commute. Awesome when you get on the open road, and leaves you feeling safe and snug with the handeling abilities and numerous safety features in the city. I can't wait to purchase the next one! One note, you must keep up on the preventative maint., seems a bit costly at first, but these cars go forever.

Sporty driving feel, and comfort on long drives. Car is very simple in the interior. Finally, the car looks great.

Get rid of the manual transmission

One great Three!
By ctyson

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

This car is a blast to drive! Do youself a favor a put on a set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. Premium rubber will take your 3 to the next level - it's well worth the cost. I recently took a trip up to CT where I blew the doors off my brother-in-law's new S-Type Jaguar with a 4.2 V8! When I hit 140mph my 328i still felt rock solid going around highway bends as he disappeared in my rear-view mirror.

Smooth and responsive inline engine.

More power.

Buy the warranty
By All Jazz

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I purchased my BMW 328 with 44,000 miles on it. It is beautiful and drives like a dream. The problem is that many little things keep breaking. I don't even drive it everyday. I have only put 5,000 miles on it in one year. It has been in the shop 3 X. Currently, the emergency light is not working. That's bad. Great cars but make sure that you buy the warranty.Also, when you call to get it fixed the wait is 2 weeks. Good thing I have a backup car. My dependable Jeep Grand Cherokee! (for real) Husband drives a 1991 BMW and has had no trouble with it. Purchased it with 65,000 miles on it. Again, make sure you get the warranty!

Tightness of steering, radio, heated seats

Extended warranty 10 years/100,000. We should get this for what we paid for these cars.

Great Car
By msknet1

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I have had my 2000 323iA for almost two years and the vehicle has 80k on the odometer. I drive over 100 mi round trip to work every day and average 30+ mpg on the highway during the warmer months. Overall average is 27+ mpg. I use dedicated snow tires during the winter and the car is wonderful in bad conditions. I have the required servicing performed and change the oil and filter at 8k intervals. I value this car for its driving characteristics, safety and overall appearance. Best car I have ever owned. Wife wants to drive it all the time as well. When I compare to other vehicles, I keep coming back to BMW. This is my 5th BMW over the past 20 yrs.

Quiteness and nice sounding mechanicals. Handling in all conditions, decent fuel economy and the overall feel of the car.

Nothing comes to mind