Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Nice car but too many minor problems
By meodabeo

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

Nice car to drive and have fun with but it has had too many minor problems with electrical system.

Not Cheap to Own, But a Ton of Fun
By tsb7

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I have owned 5 BMW's and currently own 2 and a Porsche. Not one is cheap to own or drive, but boy do they drive! The comments and smiles you get are nice. How many people are excited about seeing another Honda? I have owned plenty of those too and the answer is none! My father passed down my love for cars and drove some of the coolest cars ever built! He told me owning an expensive car was like marrying a beautiful women, they are beautiful to look at, expensive to keep up and everyone will be jealous of you! He was right, my wife is as beautiful as my cars and not cheap to keep! But man, do I love all four, and HOW!

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, the heritage!

Suggested Improvements

Try another window regulator supplier!

Why are there so many bad reviews?
By oscarn

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used for $5,700. When I bought the car it had 165 thousand miles and I take care of it very well. Most people complain about the car and that it keeps breaking down constantly. I only had two problems with my car. 1. The front light bulbs died out... Yeup. 2. I need a new head gasket. It's a great car if you can't take care of it. If you can't, well buy a Honda.

Fun, until 100k
By subarudavis

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my mom when it had 98,000 or so miles on it, I just drove to school and around with it. I will miss its power and handling. I will not miss bringing it to my mechanic every two weeks for a major problem. I rolled my window down in the summer and it would not go back up while I was far from a BMW dealer. The car stalled a few times on the freeway and I needed help from truckers to push it off to the side. Its reliability is horrid, I put more money into the car than I made at work. I liked the heated seats and comfort of the seats. I got about 20.5 MPG which is okay for a straight six but not great. Sunroof got stuck twice, rear window leaked water until duct taped.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, RWD, handling, its a BMW, exterior styling, interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, quality control, fuel economy, vehicle mechanical errors.

Windows and everything else
By jcutie323i

2000 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 323i about 4 months ago. It's an automatic with the option to drive manually. I love driving it, but I have had to replace two window regulators and the battery so far. The sunroof cover has come all to pieces and I need to replace my windshield fluid container. I have taken it to a couple of different people to figure out why my abs, brake, and traction control lights stay on and they can't figure it out. Other than that I really do like my car.

Favorite Features

Love the way it drives