2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
They don't come better at this price
By Beak on 08/20/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I am coming up on 11 years (145K miles) with this vehicle. I am still impressed every time I get in (shared with the wife). This car is fun to drive, is spirited enough and gets nearly 30 MPG around town. Never have had any reliability issues (still has the original plugs and clutch). I still like the way it looks and I'll drive it until ...

Into my 9th year now
By Jack on 05/11/09 01:39 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I originally owned this car. With Sport Package. I gave it Michelin Pilot sport tires. Do oil change every 7k miles and had the engine opened up to seal a leak, the repair man said it is darn clean engine at 130k miles now. Learn to fix and replace some parts yourself and the car is reliably solid.

I love my 328ci
By Tony Lau on 12/31/08 14:11 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

We all have our priorities and I like to spend my money on cars. You won't find another car which has this level of luxury & handling combined. The resale value is low which is why people like me can afford it. M52 engines have one big problem, around 100k kms you will need to replace all the parts used by the cooling system. Otherwise you'll be making lots of trips over the next year or 10k kms. If you love BMWs' combination of luxury & handling then you wouldn't mind spending money on cars.

Wow!!!
By jelani on 11/06/08 15:21 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I have owned a 2000 328ci for about a year & have put about 12,000 miles on it (120k on vehicle total). This car is a dream. Have not had any problems & get people inquiring about it almost daily. The styling is so wonderful that people always ask if it's new and it's 8 years old! I think I'm hooked. BMW all the way from here on out. Also found that parts on the vehicle are no more expensive than your average Chevy or Ford. NOW THE LABOR AT A BMW DEALER, that's a different story but there are several repair shops in my area that specialize in foreign repairs. Only thing I had replaced is the cam positioning sensor which was 75 bucks & 1 hr labor ($65) to install at a local service shop.

Loving my 328Ci
By adrian on 02/14/07 00:30 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

After owning a 95 318ti that had 220k miles on it and ran flawlessly, I knew i had to buy another BMW. I got a helrot red one with black leather interior and a 5 speed manual trans. I absolutely love this car. It's got good power for daily driving and sports driving too.

Buyer beware
By john samson on 11/03/06 06:38 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I would recommend this car to no one, I bought mine last year with 40,000 miles. It was like it was brand new, then I heard a banging noise under the car. The frame of the car had come apart itís a little known design flaw. I ended up paying $4700 to get it fixed. The car has always run great, handles great, but you would expect more from BMW then for it to fall a apart at 50000 miles. So buyer beware.

Back in a 3 series coupe
By Marc on 10/27/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

My first BMW was a 325is. Now I am back in a 328ci and I love this car. I have all the bells and whistles except Nav. Bought it with 80k miles on it and it now has 98k. No problems as I am meticulous with maintaining the car. Great to drive hwy or in the twistys. Engine could use some more juice but the new cars have addressed this. BMW should drop HK as a vendor and call Bose. Love the car plan on keeping it another 100k miles. No problems and I do much of the work myself so I know when things are going wrong. Dealer is great while under warranty but find a quality local shop that you can depend on to keep cost down on maintenance.

Pay the Piper
By cookieman on 01/25/05 08:26 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

BMW sure has their act together in terms of building a car that performs flawlessly, is a gas to drive and is comfortable on any length trip. I've driven up to 12 hours at a pop in my 328 and get out feeling great. The engine is increadbly responsive and the handling is impeccable. I've driven it for nearly 37,000 miles and the driving experience has been excellent.Unfortunately, BMW doens't seem to know how to build a reliable car. I've had problems with door lock mechanisms (couldn't get in the car), the throttle body (car quit on the interstate at 80 mph), the door trim and now it needs $1000 worth of front end work (control arms, control arm bushings and front stabilizer link).

Wow, the whole package!
By bmwlover21 on 11/15/04 22:36 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is, in a nutshell, the best all around package you can get for the money. It has great handling, steering, acceleration, and surprisingly good gas mileage. The coupe is especially fun considering it's standard sport suspension and lower vehicle height.

Great car.
By Lukasz on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

Great performance car, outstanding handling, sweet ride quality,