Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

The Ultimate driving machine..its true
By panteaze

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is far from a machine-- in my heart, its better than a best friend. It performs excellent, amazing car to drive and race. I have often encountered cars(men) that want to compete, and I spank them every time from start. Other than it being very fast, its so responsive, it handles perfectly, I drove this car cross country 4 times, pushed it to the max, these cars like to be driven, that's for sure. I couldn't believe how comfortable it is, everything inside is designed intuitively. I've owned, lexus, benz, and volvo, I like this one the best. The car is worth every penny, parts will always have to be replaced and yes they are pricey, but they don't break often.

Favorite Features

Overall my favorite is the Style and Design,the car holds its value because the shape and style of the car change every 4-5years on the exterior, so your car doesn't look ancient right away. interior is intuitive, its comfortable has class in its simplicity. I love the steptronic transmission, its awesome if you want to race, or just if you like to switch gears and drive the car as it should be driven, it also great on gas. I love the built-in tool kit, it has come in handy plenty of times. The angel lights are the best looking lights on the road, car looks much sexier compared to the Audi.

Suggested Improvements

its perfect

323CI
By bdds042004

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This is an okay car, but I would not buy another one. I could write a book on the small problems I have had with this car over the las few years. But I can say the engine is one tough son of a gun.

Favorite Features

I love the fact is a 5 speed and it gets good gas lmileage. I put a set of 19 inch rims on it in Germany and it takes coner very easy. Love that it has the all the phone and radio controls in the steering wheel. I has to also say that if you have a problem with the car lights or anyother problem a light will show up on the dash. I can't for get one of the best things is you can let all the windows down at one time with a push of a button.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the leather improved. The cheap plastic knobs to open the windows. The car is not good at all when driving in snow. The cheap plastic wood trim. The repair cost is to high for a car that is this old. Oil change at dealer 165.00 really.

one problem after another after 100K miles
By 1timebmw

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Almost like clockwork, after she hit 100K miles things started malfunctioning. First the blower resistor ($280), then the "no reverse" transmission ($3600). What's next? Repairs are more than the car's market value.

2000 323ci bled my bank account
By atticrat

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I inheirited a 2000 BMW 323 ci that was a low mileage car. It had all the bells and whistles to boot. Initially I thought it was a fairly distictive car until all of the EXPENSIVE problems crept up. With only 25,000 on the odometer I had to replace so many things it was just ghastly! Sunroof problems, A/C ventilation (electrical) problems, window motor failure, suspension bushings, oil leaks, auto transmission problems and the interior began falling apart. After living with this car for a couple of years I tired of its stiff ride, road noise, creaks and rattles, stiff steering and spongy brake pedal. Also the hard seats were the worst I ever sat in, game me back aches. BMW=WAY OVERRATED!

Favorite Features

Small size, good visability and reasonable gas mileage. And it had good headlamp optics.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible spongy brake pedal feel and touchy brakes; stiff steering lacking road feel; cheap interior materials fall apart; sport seats kill your back; stiff, noisy ride (this is luxury?); useless back seat; sunroof has a mind of its own then decides to die; quick battery run down; auto transmission is troublesome; oil leaks; so many electrical failures. If you want a BMW make sure it's leased then dump it! BMW's are the most overrated automobiles from here to Timbuktu!

BEWARE FRAME Issue on all E46 models BEFORE You Buy
By stockman77

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I've owned 7 BMW's, 3-E46s and have only learned recently that all E46s had a Class Action law suit for a defective frame build. I just bought my 323ci 6 months ago & after an inspection was told my frame is cracked and in need of repair. BMW initially told me they weren't going to offer any assistance until I mentioned litigation and now they are "determining" what they'll do if anything beyond what I was told thus far. I bought this car because I know the 3-series very well and have come to depend on BMW's brand but NEVER would've bought the car, without a detailed frame inspection at least, had I known about this immense problem. The Repair is about DOUBLE what the car is worth.

Favorite Features

Style, build, reliability (except for frame care), driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

Better Customer Care & Disclosure about the problem to any prospective buyers. The Frame issue is a known issue at this point although there's little on the internet about it unless you know what to look for. All VINs should be associated with a frame warning which should be reflected on Carfaxs etc.