2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
The Ultimate driving machine..its true
By panteaze on 11/12/13 10:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is far from a machine-- in my heart, its better than a best friend. It performs excellent, amazing car to drive and race. I have often encountered cars(men) that want to compete, and I spank them every time from start. Other than it being very fast, its so responsive, it handles perfectly, I drove this car cross country 4 times, pushed it to the max, these cars like to be driven, that's for sure. I couldn't believe how comfortable it is, everything inside is designed intuitively. I've owned, lexus, benz, and volvo, I like this one the best. The car is worth every penny, parts will always have to be replaced and yes they are pricey, but they don't break often.

323CI
By bdds042004 on 06/29/12 07:54 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This is an okay car, but I would not buy another one. I could write a book on the small problems I have had with this car over the las few years. But I can say the engine is one tough son of a gun.

one problem after another after 100K miles
By 1timebmw on 05/05/12 10:33 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Almost like clockwork, after she hit 100K miles things started malfunctioning. First the blower resistor ($280), then the "no reverse" transmission ($3600). What's next? Repairs are more than the car's market value.

2000 323ci bled my bank account
By atticrat on 03/18/12 23:36 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I inheirited a 2000 BMW 323 ci that was a low mileage car. It had all the bells and whistles to boot. Initially I thought it was a fairly distictive car until all of the EXPENSIVE problems crept up. With only 25,000 on the odometer I had to replace so many things it was just ghastly! Sunroof problems, A/C ventilation (electrical) problems, window motor failure, suspension bushings, oil leaks, auto transmission problems and the interior began falling apart. After living with this car for a couple of years I tired of its stiff ride, road noise, creaks and rattles, stiff steering and spongy brake pedal. Also the hard seats were the worst I ever sat in, game me back aches. BMW=WAY OVERRATED!

BEWARE FRAME Issue on all E46 models BEFORE You Buy
By stockman77 on 10/16/11 18:00 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I've owned 7 BMW's, 3-E46s and have only learned recently that all E46s had a Class Action law suit for a defective frame build. I just bought my 323ci 6 months ago & after an inspection was told my frame is cracked and in need of repair. BMW initially told me they weren't going to offer any assistance until I mentioned litigation and now they are "determining" what they'll do if anything beyond what I was told thus far. I bought this car because I know the 3-series very well and have come to depend on BMW's brand but NEVER would've bought the car, without a detailed frame inspection at least, had I known about this immense problem. The Repair is about DOUBLE what the car is worth.

They don't come better at this price
By Beak on 08/20/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I am coming up on 11 years (145K miles) with this vehicle. I am still impressed every time I get in (shared with the wife). This car is fun to drive, is spirited enough and gets nearly 30 MPG around town. Never have had any reliability issues (still has the original plugs and clutch). I still like the way it looks and I'll drive it until ...

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By broken hearted on 01/14/10 00:35 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Love the car. This car has way too many repairs. Transmission problems 5000, windows 350 cooling system 1600 sensors 300+ cracked head 4000 and on and on. This car is so unreliable? The reviews are either great car or terrible car. What is their problem? They just can't make the car 100% ??

Into my 9th year now
By Jack on 05/11/09 01:39 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I originally owned this car. With Sport Package. I gave it Michelin Pilot sport tires. Do oil change every 7k miles and had the engine opened up to seal a leak, the repair man said it is darn clean engine at 130k miles now. Learn to fix and replace some parts yourself and the car is reliably solid.

I love my 328ci
By Tony Lau on 12/31/08 14:11 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

We all have our priorities and I like to spend my money on cars. You won't find another car which has this level of luxury & handling combined. The resale value is low which is why people like me can afford it. M52 engines have one big problem, around 100k kms you will need to replace all the parts used by the cooling system. Otherwise you'll be making lots of trips over the next year or 10k kms. If you love BMWs' combination of luxury & handling then you wouldn't mind spending money on cars.

Wow!!!
By jelani on 11/06/08 15:21 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I have owned a 2000 328ci for about a year & have put about 12,000 miles on it (120k on vehicle total). This car is a dream. Have not had any problems & get people inquiring about it almost daily. The styling is so wonderful that people always ask if it's new and it's 8 years old! I think I'm hooked. BMW all the way from here on out. Also found that parts on the vehicle are no more expensive than your average Chevy or Ford. NOW THE LABOR AT A BMW DEALER, that's a different story but there are several repair shops in my area that specialize in foreign repairs. Only thing I had replaced is the cam positioning sensor which was 75 bucks & 1 hr labor ($65) to install at a local service shop.