2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

323Ci 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )
100k hard miles in Arizona
By Scott on 07/09/10 11:58 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

I've had the car for 5 years and 75,000 miles. In terms of maintenance and parts failures this car has been very very easy. Total invested in non routine maint: not more than $1,000, and considering what the AZ heat does to rubber components, that isn't bad! I love this little car, and based on the really low trade in value, I'm probably going to keep it for fun and get a new sedan. If you're looking for fun at a low cost, and the pricing on Edmunds is accurate, this is a great deal! My only complaint is this is a very heavy car for only 175hp under the hood. It doesn't accelerate fast, but handles great and feels comfortable even at excessive speeds (with the top down or up).

Happy owner
By Happy on 12/23/09 10:51 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

I must say that the reliability is not as bad as some reviewers are saying. I bought my 2000 convertible in 2006 with 45000 miles. I now have 137000 miles and have only changed the oil regularly and just did the rear brake pads. I commute 100 miles a day for work and feel confidant this will get me there and home again in style. The car is fun to drive! Take care of it, and it should take care of you.

Love used convertible
By Bill on 02/29/08 19:41 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

I bought it used with 75k miles and warranty until 100k. Have had only 1 minor problem with O2 sensor, covered by warranty. Very fun to drive, especially with top down. Didn't spend much on it, but everyone thinks I'm loaded because I drive a Beamer. No neck snapping acceleration, but slowing down for curves is a thing of the past. People still ooh and ahh over my 8 year old BMW.

Beautiful Car - Inside & Out
By circuitboy84 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

This car is a wonderful machine to drive. I haven't owned this car for very long but so far it has proved its BMW name.

excellant car
By jmclassey on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

I traded in a 1999 Mercedes for this vehicle and would do it again in a heart beat. It is sporty, fun to drive and an excellent feeling car, easy maneuverablity and great on the eye.

Luxury comfort with style!
By MikeMa on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

Wonderful car to cruise the block. Definetly makes your neighbours jel..

2000 BMW 323Ci Convertible
By 2000BMW on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

I purchased my BMW convertible in July 2000. This car is quite the head turner, especially with the top down. I live in Buffalo, NY and drive it year round with the all season tires. The Dynamic Stability Control works great in the snow on this rear wheel drive car.

Love It !!!
By surfer54 on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with 23,500 miles on it. I was looking at a Z3, which was nice & fast but kinda loud inside. This car was sitting next to it and took it for a spin. Really nice and quiet for a soft top. Not as fast, but much quieter and has four seats. Gets alot of looks. Handles great, really good dealership ! I even was able to bring home some wood from my local Home Depot.

BMW 3 Series Softtop
By J A Simpson on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323Ci 2dr Convertible

Simply the highest quality car I have ever owned, and a lot of fun.