Used 2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

They don't come better at this price
By Beak

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I am coming up on 11 years (145K miles) with this vehicle. I am still impressed every time I get in (shared with the wife). This car is fun to drive, is spirited enough and gets nearly 30 MPG around town. Never have had any reliability issues (still has the original plugs and clutch). I still like the way it looks and I'll drive it until ...

Classic styling, sporty handling, 30 MPG, solid reliability,

Some minor improvements but too technical to describe here.

Into my 9th year now
By Jack

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I originally owned this car. With Sport Package. I gave it Michelin Pilot sport tires. Do oil change every 7k miles and had the engine opened up to seal a leak, the repair man said it is darn clean engine at 130k miles now. Learn to fix and replace some parts yourself and the car is reliably solid.

The cars loves high RPM. At 5rpm, it feels hungry for more.

I love my 328ci
By Tony Lau

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

We all have our priorities and I like to spend my money on cars. You won't find another car which has this level of luxury & handling combined. The resale value is low which is why people like me can afford it. M52 engines have one big problem, around 100k kms you will need to replace all the parts used by the cooling system. Otherwise you'll be making lots of trips over the next year or 10k kms. If you love BMWs' combination of luxury & handling then you wouldn't mind spending money on cars.

Great car to drive fast & hard. Standard Ci springs are hard but they handle potholes good. What I love the most is the sound of the high revving M52 engine and how it's made to accelerate fast at high rpm & speed.

When cornering fast the front outside corner hops up & down. The interior has lots of squeaks around the bottom of door or the back. Road & tyre noise is louder than expected, would try better tyres. Not enough torque at low end ie 0kph to 50kph or under 3000rpm.

Wow!!!
By jelani

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

I have owned a 2000 328ci for about a year & have put about 12,000 miles on it (120k on vehicle total). This car is a dream. Have not had any problems & get people inquiring about it almost daily. The styling is so wonderful that people always ask if it's new and it's 8 years old! I think I'm hooked. BMW all the way from here on out. Also found that parts on the vehicle are no more expensive than your average Chevy or Ford. NOW THE LABOR AT A BMW DEALER, that's a different story but there are several repair shops in my area that specialize in foreign repairs. Only thing I had replaced is the cam positioning sensor which was 75 bucks & 1 hr labor ($65) to install at a local service shop.

This thing gets 29.8 mpg on highway & still takes off like a rocket!!

Nothing!!

Loving my 328Ci
By adrian

2000 BMW 3 Series 328Ci 2dr Coupe

After owning a 95 318ti that had 220k miles on it and ran flawlessly, I knew i had to buy another BMW. I got a helrot red one with black leather interior and a 5 speed manual trans. I absolutely love this car. It's got good power for daily driving and sports driving too.

The interior is very well designed and its build quality is 100%. The smooth 2.8 liter inline-6 sounds great and does 0-60mph in 6.4 seconds. I love the xenon headlights too, makes night driving so much better. This car will also stop on a dime and handlea like a car on rails.

Foglights should have been xenon lights too. Doesn't look right with both foglights and regular lights on. I also do not like the factory cd player since it turns itself down once you stop or slow down.