2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
The Ultimate driving machine..its true
By panteaze on 11/12/13 10:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is far from a machine-- in my heart, its better than a best friend. It performs excellent, amazing car to drive and race. I have often encountered cars(men) that want to compete, and I spank them every time from start. Other than it being very fast, its so responsive, it handles perfectly, I drove this car cross country 4 times, pushed it to the max, these cars like to be driven, that's for sure. I couldn't believe how comfortable it is, everything inside is designed intuitively. I've owned, lexus, benz, and volvo, I like this one the best. The car is worth every penny, parts will always have to be replaced and yes they are pricey, but they don't break often.

323CI
By bdds042004 on 06/29/12 07:54 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This is an okay car, but I would not buy another one. I could write a book on the small problems I have had with this car over the las few years. But I can say the engine is one tough son of a gun.

one problem after another after 100K miles
By 1timebmw on 05/05/12 10:33 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Almost like clockwork, after she hit 100K miles things started malfunctioning. First the blower resistor ($280), then the "no reverse" transmission ($3600). What's next? Repairs are more than the car's market value.

2000 323ci bled my bank account
By atticrat on 03/18/12 23:36 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I inheirited a 2000 BMW 323 ci that was a low mileage car. It had all the bells and whistles to boot. Initially I thought it was a fairly distictive car until all of the EXPENSIVE problems crept up. With only 25,000 on the odometer I had to replace so many things it was just ghastly! Sunroof problems, A/C ventilation (electrical) problems, window motor failure, suspension bushings, oil leaks, auto transmission problems and the interior began falling apart. After living with this car for a couple of years I tired of its stiff ride, road noise, creaks and rattles, stiff steering and spongy brake pedal. Also the hard seats were the worst I ever sat in, game me back aches. BMW=WAY OVERRATED!

BEWARE FRAME Issue on all E46 models BEFORE You Buy
By stockman77 on 10/16/11 18:00 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I've owned 7 BMW's, 3-E46s and have only learned recently that all E46s had a Class Action law suit for a defective frame build. I just bought my 323ci 6 months ago & after an inspection was told my frame is cracked and in need of repair. BMW initially told me they weren't going to offer any assistance until I mentioned litigation and now they are "determining" what they'll do if anything beyond what I was told thus far. I bought this car because I know the 3-series very well and have come to depend on BMW's brand but NEVER would've bought the car, without a detailed frame inspection at least, had I known about this immense problem. The Repair is about DOUBLE what the car is worth.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By broken hearted on 01/14/10 00:35 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Love the car. This car has way too many repairs. Transmission problems 5000, windows 350 cooling system 1600 sensors 300+ cracked head 4000 and on and on. This car is so unreliable? The reviews are either great car or terrible car. What is their problem? They just can't make the car 100% ??

Expensive to Own
By Ron on 09/12/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I bought my 2000 coupe with very low mileage (33k) from the dealer. It previously had one owner. I love the drive, the comfort, and the feel of a BMW. But, beware! In one year I've been back to the dealer for a failed alternator, rotors, brakes, tires, a/c failure, moldings are loose etc. I've spent close to 3k in one year just on upkeep and I've heard it only gets worse. If you really want a BMW, just lease it so everything is covered, otherwise, you will be incurring lots of debt. If you doubt, ask mechanics at different body shops and they will share their experiences.

Fun but flawed
By parmijo on 11/23/05 16:48 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I bought this new and I only have 31K on the car now. I have the 5 speed and it is fun to drive, brakes well, handles excellent with the sport package. Gas Mileage is quite good at 25 city/hwy mix and 31 hwy. It still looks nice too. The problem is reliability. Some problems fixed under warranty but others I had to pay out of pocket. Also strange failure of the intake cam sensor which causes the car to stall at a stop. That was $300. Now the interior trim around the passenger door is falling downward. I guess I have to glue it back or something. None of the problems I had were atypical or surprising to the mechanics. If you buy one, expect extra maintenance cost as part of the deal

Fun sporty car
By Elizabeth Morrow on 09/07/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is a lot of fun to drive. It has great power and control, nice features as well. It is somewhat expensive to maintain, but that's true for most European cars.

My Take on early E46 productions
By sheggaw on 07/08/05 11:52 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

We bought this car used at 30K on it. Very good condition at the time. Several warranty works were done to it even before we had got it. Did not get that info until I took it for another warranty work. Now, transmission is out at only 64.5K on it, 2 Years after we had it. We are BMW devotees and do own other BMWs classic to modern. But this one has pushed us to the limit. To boot to that, BMW N.A is not a help at all. That 800 number is a joke, the staff is untrained & unqualified. Bottom lin is that BMW is not what it was used ot be. A car company with great reputation and great cars is in demise. No customer support, no reliable production. I will probably end up not buying another one.