Used 2000 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Nice car but too many minor problems
By meodabeo

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Nice car to drive and have fun with but it has had too many minor problems with electrical system.

Why are there so many bad reviews?
By oscarn

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used for $5,700. When I bought the car it had 165 thousand miles and I take care of it very well. Most people complain about the car and that it keeps breaking down constantly. I only had two problems with my car. 1. The front light bulbs died out... Yeup. 2. I need a new head gasket. It's a great car if you can't take care of it. If you can't, well buy a Honda.

Fun, until 100k
By subarudavis

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my mom when it had 98,000 or so miles on it, I just drove to school and around with it. I will miss its power and handling. I will not miss bringing it to my mechanic every two weeks for a major problem. I rolled my window down in the summer and it would not go back up while I was far from a BMW dealer. The car stalled a few times on the freeway and I needed help from truckers to push it off to the side. Its reliability is horrid, I put more money into the car than I made at work. I liked the heated seats and comfort of the seats. I got about 20.5 MPG which is okay for a straight six but not great. Sunroof got stuck twice, rear window leaked water until duct taped.

Heated seats, RWD, handling, its a BMW, exterior styling, interior styling.

Reliability, quality control, fuel economy, vehicle mechanical errors.

Fun with Opportunities to Repair
By briodo

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW, bought used at 80k miles, now has 134K miles and it's falling apart. While the car is a blast to drive, it has cost me more over the last 2 years than the car is worth. And it now needs the CVC valve replaced, quoted at $900, far from the amount in the reliability section. If the car starts honking, you know this valve is gone. C'est la vie; fast cars, pretty women, and good wine. It somehow will not be as much fun in a Toyota. Just cheaper.

hitting the gas at 75 on the interstate and finding out you can get to 110 really fast.

Less plastic parts to become brittle and break.

Broke My Wallet
By Broke My Wallet

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

A maintenance nightmare. I have spent thousands fixing this car, one thing after another. I now have it working great and intend to sell it before something else goes wrong. However, it handles great on the road and is a very cool car. The looks sold me, but I should have looked beyond the outside appearance. Now I am paying for it. I should have known that BMW stands for Broke My Wallet

Styling, handling on curvy mountain roads-no need to slow down on curves

Fix the mechanical. The coolness is not worth the high cost of maintaining. I will never buy another BMW.