Used 2000 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I have 240,000 miles.
By Jason

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Check the rear subframe. Have a mechanic check it. I had some cracks and had to get a plate welded in for reinforcement kit. At the same time I added a 3.46 open differential out of an automatic 323i. I have a 5 speed 328i. I can now pull on s2000's and it's not annoying on the highway. This car still gets looks with some decent rims (Rial Salerno concave rim). Other than doing some basic repairs like an alternator and cooling system this car is amazing. Never left me stranded but one time.. the accessory belt broke but that was around 190k and my fault for not replacing it. Buy this car. Love this car.

Nice car but too many minor problems
By meodabeo

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Nice car to drive and have fun with but it has had too many minor problems with electrical system.

Why are there so many bad reviews?
By oscarn

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used for $5,700. When I bought the car it had 165 thousand miles and I take care of it very well. Most people complain about the car and that it keeps breaking down constantly. I only had two problems with my car. 1. The front light bulbs died out... Yeup. 2. I need a new head gasket. It's a great car if you can't take care of it. If you can't, well buy a Honda.

Fun, until 100k
By subarudavis

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my mom when it had 98,000 or so miles on it, I just drove to school and around with it. I will miss its power and handling. I will not miss bringing it to my mechanic every two weeks for a major problem. I rolled my window down in the summer and it would not go back up while I was far from a BMW dealer. The car stalled a few times on the freeway and I needed help from truckers to push it off to the side. Its reliability is horrid, I put more money into the car than I made at work. I liked the heated seats and comfort of the seats. I got about 20.5 MPG which is okay for a straight six but not great. Sunroof got stuck twice, rear window leaked water until duct taped.

Heated seats, RWD, handling, its a BMW, exterior styling, interior styling.

Reliability, quality control, fuel economy, vehicle mechanical errors.

Fun with Opportunities to Repair
By briodo

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW, bought used at 80k miles, now has 134K miles and it's falling apart.
While the car is a blast to drive, it has cost me more over the last 2 years than the car is worth.
And it now needs the CVC valve replaced, quoted at $900, far from the amount in the reliability section.
If the car starts honking, you know this valve is gone.

C'est la vie; fast cars, pretty women, and good wine.
It somehow will not be as much fun in a Toyota.
Just cheaper.

hitting the gas at 75 on the interstate and finding out you can get to 110 really fast.

Less plastic parts to become brittle and break.