Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2000 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Nice car but too many minor problems
By meodabeo

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Nice car to drive and have fun with but it has had too many minor problems with electrical system.

The Ultimate driving machine..its true
By panteaze

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is far from a machine-- in my heart, its better than a best friend. It performs excellent, amazing car to drive and race. I have often encountered cars(men) that want to compete, and I spank them every time from start. Other than it being very fast, its so responsive, it handles perfectly, I drove this car cross country 4 times, pushed it to the max, these cars like to be driven, that's for sure. I couldn't believe how comfortable it is, everything inside is designed intuitively. I've owned, lexus, benz, and volvo, I like this one the best. The car is worth every penny, parts will always have to be replaced and yes they are pricey, but they don't break often.

Favorite Features

Overall my favorite is the Style and Design,the car holds its value because the shape and style of the car change every 4-5years on the exterior, so your car doesn't look ancient right away. interior is intuitive, its comfortable has class in its simplicity. I love the steptronic transmission, its awesome if you want to race, or just if you like to switch gears and drive the car as it should be driven, it also great on gas. I love the built-in tool kit, it has come in handy plenty of times. The angel lights are the best looking lights on the road, car looks much sexier compared to the Audi.

Suggested Improvements

its perfect

Not Cheap to Own, But a Ton of Fun
By tsb7

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I have owned 5 BMW's and currently own 2 and a Porsche. Not one is cheap to own or drive, but boy do they drive! The comments and smiles you get are nice. How many people are excited about seeing another Honda? I have owned plenty of those too and the answer is none! My father passed down my love for cars and drove some of the coolest cars ever built! He told me owning an expensive car was like marrying a beautiful women, they are beautiful to look at, expensive to keep up and everyone will be jealous of you! He was right, my wife is as beautiful as my cars and not cheap to keep! But man, do I love all four, and HOW!

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, the heritage!

Suggested Improvements

Try another window regulator supplier!

Why are there so many bad reviews?
By oscarn

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used for $5,700. When I bought the car it had 165 thousand miles and I take care of it very well. Most people complain about the car and that it keeps breaking down constantly. I only had two problems with my car. 1. The front light bulbs died out... Yeup. 2. I need a new head gasket. It's a great car if you can't take care of it. If you can't, well buy a Honda.

Fun, until 100k
By subarudavis

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my mom when it had 98,000 or so miles on it, I just drove to school and around with it. I will miss its power and handling. I will not miss bringing it to my mechanic every two weeks for a major problem. I rolled my window down in the summer and it would not go back up while I was far from a BMW dealer. The car stalled a few times on the freeway and I needed help from truckers to push it off to the side. Its reliability is horrid, I put more money into the car than I made at work. I liked the heated seats and comfort of the seats. I got about 20.5 MPG which is okay for a straight six but not great. Sunroof got stuck twice, rear window leaked water until duct taped.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, RWD, handling, its a BMW, exterior styling, interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, quality control, fuel economy, vehicle mechanical errors.