Used 2000 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

I have 240,000 miles.
By Jason

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Check the rear subframe. Have a mechanic check it. I had some cracks and had to get a plate welded in for reinforcement kit. At the same time I added a 3.46 open differential out of an automatic 323i. I have a 5 speed 328i. I can now pull on s2000's and it's not annoying on the highway. This car still gets looks with some decent rims (Rial Salerno concave rim). Other than doing some basic repairs like an alternator and cooling system this car is amazing. Never left me stranded but one time.. the accessory belt broke but that was around 190k and my fault for not replacing it. Buy this car. Love this car.

16 years later...
By rob f

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Bought this from my daughter for next to nothing because it had NO trade in value. It was always breaking on her and not reliable. It is the same with me. 16 years , 111,003 miles today and has another 4000.00 dollar repair on the horizon. I am convinced nothing from germany is worth owning after 2 years. (Except a Porsche, which i also spend too much on but enjoy) So it will leave our family and end our relationship with German cars. Repair bills ARE a factor to consider.

money pit
By terri

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Convertible

i drove the 324ci for close to 2 years. The repair bills emptied my bank account. I replaced timing belt, brakes, rotors, tune up air conditioner, misfiring twice, radiator, tie rod... The list keeps growing. I finally had to draw the line when the trunk started flooding and I had to vacuum over a foot of water out from under the spare tire. I "traded "it for another car. The value was next to nothing and I spend my savings fixing this awful car. Huge regret and now broke.

Nice car but too many minor problems
By meodabeo

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Nice car to drive and have fun with but it has had too many minor problems with electrical system.

The Ultimate driving machine..its true
By panteaze

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is far from a machine-- in my heart, its better than a best friend. It performs excellent, amazing car to drive and race. I have often encountered cars(men) that
want to compete, and I spank them every time from start. Other than it being very fast, its so responsive, it handles perfectly, I drove this car cross country 4 times, pushed it to the max, these cars like to be driven, that's for sure. I couldn't believe how comfortable it is, everything inside is designed intuitively. I've owned, lexus, benz, and volvo, I like this one the best. The car is worth every penny, parts will always have to be replaced and yes they are pricey, but they don't break often.

Overall my favorite is the Style and Design,the car holds its value because the shape and style of the car change every 4-5years on the exterior, so your car doesn't look ancient right away. interior is intuitive, its comfortable has class in its simplicity. I love the steptronic transmission, its awesome if you want to race, or just if you like to switch gears and drive the car as it should be driven, it also great on gas. I love the built-in tool kit, it has come in handy plenty of times. The angel lights are the best looking lights on the road, car looks much sexier compared to the Audi.

its perfect