2000 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
The Ultimate driving machine..its true
By panteaze on 11/12/13 10:00 AM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This car is far from a machine-- in my heart, its better than a best friend. It performs excellent, amazing car to drive and race. I have often encountered cars(men) that want to compete, and I spank them every time from start. Other than it being very fast, its so responsive, it handles perfectly, I drove this car cross country 4 times, pushed it to the max, these cars like to be driven, that's for sure. I couldn't believe how comfortable it is, everything inside is designed intuitively. I've owned, lexus, benz, and volvo, I like this one the best. The car is worth every penny, parts will always have to be replaced and yes they are pricey, but they don't break often.

Not Cheap to Own, But a Ton of Fun
By tsb7 on 07/27/13 20:15 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I have owned 5 BMW's and currently own 2 and a Porsche. Not one is cheap to own or drive, but boy do they drive! The comments and smiles you get are nice. How many people are excited about seeing another Honda? I have owned plenty of those too and the answer is none! My father passed down my love for cars and drove some of the coolest cars ever built! He told me owning an expensive car was like marrying a beautiful women, they are beautiful to look at, expensive to keep up and everyone will be jealous of you! He was right, my wife is as beautiful as my cars and not cheap to keep! But man, do I love all four, and HOW!

Why are there so many bad reviews?
By oscarn on 01/17/13 14:09 PM (PST)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used for $5,700. When I bought the car it had 165 thousand miles and I take care of it very well. Most people complain about the car and that it keeps breaking down constantly. I only had two problems with my car. 1. The front light bulbs died out... Yeup. 2. I need a new head gasket. It's a great car if you can't take care of it. If you can't, well buy a Honda.

Fun, until 100k
By subarudavis on 07/25/12 00:45 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my mom when it had 98,000 or so miles on it, I just drove to school and around with it. I will miss its power and handling. I will not miss bringing it to my mechanic every two weeks for a major problem. I rolled my window down in the summer and it would not go back up while I was far from a BMW dealer. The car stalled a few times on the freeway and I needed help from truckers to push it off to the side. Its reliability is horrid, I put more money into the car than I made at work. I liked the heated seats and comfort of the seats. I got about 20.5 MPG which is okay for a straight six but not great. Sunroof got stuck twice, rear window leaked water until duct taped.

Windows and everything else
By jcutie323i on 07/23/12 19:54 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I bought my 323i about 4 months ago. It's an automatic with the option to drive manually. I love driving it, but I have had to replace two window regulators and the battery so far. The sunroof cover has come all to pieces and I need to replace my windshield fluid container. I have taken it to a couple of different people to figure out why my abs, brake, and traction control lights stay on and they can't figure it out. Other than that I really do like my car.

323CI
By bdds042004 on 06/29/12 07:54 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

This is an okay car, but I would not buy another one. I could write a book on the small problems I have had with this car over the las few years. But I can say the engine is one tough son of a gun.

one problem after another after 100K miles
By 1timebmw on 05/05/12 10:33 AM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

Almost like clockwork, after she hit 100K miles things started malfunctioning. First the blower resistor ($280), then the "no reverse" transmission ($3600). What's next? Repairs are more than the car's market value.

2000 323ci bled my bank account
By atticrat on 03/18/12 23:36 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I inheirited a 2000 BMW 323 ci that was a low mileage car. It had all the bells and whistles to boot. Initially I thought it was a fairly distictive car until all of the EXPENSIVE problems crept up. With only 25,000 on the odometer I had to replace so many things it was just ghastly! Sunroof problems, A/C ventilation (electrical) problems, window motor failure, suspension bushings, oil leaks, auto transmission problems and the interior began falling apart. After living with this car for a couple of years I tired of its stiff ride, road noise, creaks and rattles, stiff steering and spongy brake pedal. Also the hard seats were the worst I ever sat in, game me back aches. BMW=WAY OVERRATED!

Fun with Opportunities to Repair
By briodo on 11/02/11 20:40 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is my first BMW, bought used at 80k miles, now has 134K miles and it's falling apart. While the car is a blast to drive, it has cost me more over the last 2 years than the car is worth. And it now needs the CVC valve replaced, quoted at $900, far from the amount in the reliability section. If the car starts honking, you know this valve is gone. C'est la vie; fast cars, pretty women, and good wine. It somehow will not be as much fun in a Toyota. Just cheaper.

BEWARE FRAME Issue on all E46 models BEFORE You Buy
By stockman77 on 10/16/11 18:00 PM (PDT)

2000 BMW 3 Series 323Ci 2dr Coupe

I've owned 7 BMW's, 3-E46s and have only learned recently that all E46s had a Class Action law suit for a defective frame build. I just bought my 323ci 6 months ago & after an inspection was told my frame is cracked and in need of repair. BMW initially told me they weren't going to offer any assistance until I mentioned litigation and now they are "determining" what they'll do if anything beyond what I was told thus far. I bought this car because I know the 3-series very well and have come to depend on BMW's brand but NEVER would've bought the car, without a detailed frame inspection at least, had I known about this immense problem. The Repair is about DOUBLE what the car is worth.