Great Santa Cruz Mountain Commuter
By Jon C on
1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan
I just bought this car as my wife's 1st car. She is arriving soon from Thailand and has never driven a car. I wanted something fun but safe & reliable. I bought the car for $7,500, 83K miles and put about $500 more into new bushings, hoses, belts, and fluid changes etc. The car is a lot of fun and quite a bit of fun to drive. The body and interior are flawless, mechanically it is very sound. My regular mechanics ordered the dealer parts and made the repairs I needed cheaply. This is a fun and cheap little car. I have read all the crying and hand wringing on this site but I have been lucky. It needed an alignment and bushings as stated but nothing else major. I'll follow up if it implodes...
Favorite Features
Nice design, heated leather seats, sun roof, handling, sporty feel, good acceleration, very quiet interior this was a surprise! one touch windows. Great 1st BMW.
Suggested Improvements
Cup holders are lame and no armrest on the console and the whole console looks a little cheap. Better fuel economy. Seems to get similar to my Volvo. A little more power, maybe I'll get a mod. Side curtain and rear side airbags.