Good Until...
By A.V. on
1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan
I have to say I was pleased with all aspects of my 1999 323i untill recently and coincidently when the balance of the warranty ran out. That was when the "fun" began or around 50K. So far I have had the air conditioner repaired twice, brakes done a couple of times and now the transmission is slipping at 80K, which according to the dealer costs $3500 to start, which I will not repair. However, until recently, I really had no problems to speak of that were truly serious. The sunroof was a major area of difficulty and had to be repaired twice. Overall I love the car, but I do not think I would buy another one due to the high costs of frequent repairs. Great if you have the $$$ to fix.
Favorite Features
I LOVE the driving aspect of the car. Even at 7 years, it still drives awesome. In addition, I like the simple complexity of the gauges, where the trip computer operates many functions with just one button. It is not cluttered up like in some other cars.
Suggested Improvements
The cup holders are OK. Also, I do not have internal trunk opener, which makes opening the trunk impossible if you have the keys in the ignition. You must take them out to open the trunk - a pain if you are dropping someone at the airport.