Buy certified cars
By Daniel Caron on
1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan
I purchased a certified manual 5-speed 1999-328i with 30,000 miles, in Jan 2002. Dealer installed new brakes pads and rotors, gave me 4 winter tires/rims/wheel covers, CD changer, refurbished 17" alloy wheels, paid 2/3 of the bill on new 17" Bridgestone Potenza S-03 performance tires, and warranty until April 2005/80,000 miles. The car had amazing handling even with the 16" michelin alpin winter tires. Now that I installed the 17" alloy wheels with S-03 performance tires, I can take the car on a twisty road at speeds 70-90 mph in complete confidence. I have been driving japanese cars for 20 years, and never got this enthusiastic about a car.
Favorite Features
Amazing handling, good acceleration, great engine sound, nice look, decent trip computer, Skid control (ASC) that can be turned off, heated seats, decent Harmon Kardon Stereo, Quality construction and solidity.
Suggested Improvements
Shifter could be a little more precise, headlight washer system should have independent manual control, full alarm system should be included in base price, needs more rear leg room.