1999 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Now I understand...
By Zed on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

My first BMW. I will have a very hard time buying a different manuf now. I'm spoiled. The fit and finish of this car is top notch. I keep discovering many little things that most manuf just slap on, but with the bmw someone has put a lot of thought into the design and function. A blast to drive. A great balance of power, handling, and comfort.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By jhelberg on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Rock solid handling, performance, safety and reliability. The handling/comfort balance is terriffic (BMW's base suspension embarrasses many 'sport' suspensions), the interior is very logical and well laid out and the styling is typical BMW timeless. I always chuckle at the SUV-types explaining the need for 4 wheel drive in Washington DC, while I drive my rear- wheel wundercar all winter long in Minnesota without drama and without giving up that perfect 50/50 balance. "All-season" tires are marketing bologna. I do run winter tires on my bimmer (and on my front- drive Passat for that matter)

3 years and going
By Gordy on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive. Long drive feel like they take half the time. Very reliable, very durable. Gives a drive a lot of confidence. Dealership service has been good too.

Fun & Reliable
By Ana on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

This is a fun car to drive. It is responsive, reliable and appealing to the fashionable driver. It is surprisingly economical for its performance. Two downturns: I had more hitches than expected, such as burned bulbs etc. - nothing major, but certainly a time consuming pain; not a spacious family car at all; passengers in the back seat are sure to complain during a long drive. Overall, perfect for a single adventurer or young couple. Absolutely love it and will continue to be a loyal BMW buyer (previously owned a 7-series and a M3).

I love it
By inlovewithmybeamer on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used with 37,000 miles. I've driven it for about 3,000 more and I love it. The car drives really well, it has great acceleration, great handling, and it feels great to be driving it. I really like the looks of this car. I got the sports package on it, which includes alloy wheels, rear and front spoilers. Too bad they don't sell this model anymore in the US

BMWs are fun to drive!
By shentz4768 on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

I love my car. It has had some little problems which were covered by the warranty...fortunately. I had a window that malfunctioned and a radio knob that would turn the radio up instead of down. Everything was replaced completely at no cost to me.

Certified Great!
By Jon Graham on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I was in hell during the initial part of the test drive... you know when the dealer has to drive it off the lot. I couldn't wait to take the wheel, and when I finally did, I fell madly in love with the performance and handling. I love everything about this car. Although the symbols on the interior controls take some getting used to, I find them very easy to use after a couple of months together. My wife gave what I feel is a great compliment when she said it was "easy to drive." It takes care of the mundane things and keeps me safe, yet it doesn't over think for me. I still have control.

Only one complaint...
By RonJ on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

After 3 years, only only complaint - and it is a BIG one - is that the left bolster of the sport driver seat is always uncomfortably pushing on my thigh. I must either pull my foot forward so that my thigh/knee are above the bolster, and thus not in the way, or keep my thigh on the bolster, where I become so uncomfortable in only 5-10 minutes, I must find a new position. If I straighten my left leg "within" the seat (to the right of the left bolster), my feet are in each other's way and I can't properly/safely operate the brake and accelerator pedals. BMW, why did you cram the sport seat into such a tight cockpit like this?

Love it !
By Fripp64 on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

First BMW but not the last !

Who Knew???
By Rhone Wolf on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Tiring of my '93 MX-6 LS with all the trimmings, most of which no longer worked, I knew I wanted a luxury/sport thing. Test drove the 328i with the sport package and knew I had to have the car. I have NEVER been as awed by the performance of a vehicle as I was by this. My jaw hurt for days from smiling too much...