Used 1999 BMW 3 Series 323i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great old second car
By tssutton

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Bought my 99 323i in September of 2012 with around 150k miles on it. I have the automatic base model which doesn't include power seats or fog lamps. But has every other option such as leather and sunroof. Got it for around $5,200 with a 1yr unlimited mile warranty. Bought as a second car to keep the miles down on my 2011 VW Passat. Starter began to stick when weather turned really cold and was replaced at local BMW dealer under warranty ($750 bill) also had an issue with the left turn signal blinking continuously even when it wasn't engaged ($350 parts and labor). Overall not bad for a car bought cheap and is 14yrs old. Drives like a dream. A little thirsty on gas for a 6 cyl engine.

Ultimate driving machine
By ec1024

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

Best first car I've ever owned! Always reliable! People complain of the price to maintain BMW's sometimes. Yes, it is just a little bit more, but I'd rather pay that extra bit to have a vehicle that drives and looks great. Of course it's not a higher end BMW, but it is a BMW and a great starter BMW to have!

Xenon headlights are very attractive!

cupholders.

Still Great
By SW

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

99 323i with premium and cold weather. 113k miles and still handles and runs strong. You have to get comfortable with maint - these cars need lots of love. Always check the maint records and get to know a good mechanic. Great cars!!

HK Sound, fun to drive, good power from the 2.5 inline 6

get used to the check engine light - do research and fix what you can yourself.

Good Car If You Can Afford It
By Jen

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

My dad purchased this car for me in May. I had it inspected and they said it was in above average condition. Since I bought it I've had to replace the expansion tank for $300, Power Steering Pump and Hoses $1000, oil change for $160 and other hoses for $500. This is come to be expected of an 11 year old car. The brakes and brake pads have been fixed but constantly squeak and my lighter and car door lock button are broken. I've had the car inspected and the tires aligned but my car ALWAYS pulls! Other than those issues the car is good to drive, although it is TERRIBLE on gas. I am quite fond of the car but if I have a repair over $500 again, I'm selling it!

Interior comfortability and the way it drives

Better quality inside the car for the buttons.

Reliable
By Mike

1999 BMW 3 Series Sedan 323i 4dr Sedan

We bought this the first year out and besides the window regulator not working and being replace a few time it has been a great car. I have looked to replace it and unless I spend over 30k is performs and gets better gas MPG then the new cars of it size. I get 20 around town and 30 on the hwy. I will drive it until it dies.

Going on 11 years old and still looks good and runs well

a little bigger inside but the newer models did that.