Used 1999 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best Car Ever!
By devin

1999 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328is 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car used and in great shape. There were a few minor dings here and there, but i have been able to clean it up really well. I keep my cars in perfect condition. My 328is has been an exceptional automobile and I LOVE it

Favorite Features

Good handling, perfect and classic design features, fuel economy, styling, and functionality

Suggested Improvements

Few if any.

Unbelievable Ride
By Kyle F

1999 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323is 2dr Coupe

This is my first BMW and far from my last. I will never get rid of it but sure to get another. It is the smoothest ride with great handling. Great for just cruising around town and can handle its own when wanting to get somewhere quick. I have had a few little problems when I first bought it like an alignment but thats really it. The brake pads keep you busy with the dust but I replaced those by choice. The exterior is very sleek and sporty and the interior is pretty classy. The engine could use a little more power but I have done a few mods and gotten plenty of power. I have absolutely no complaints about this car and do not plan on having any Just do regular maint. and it will run forever

Favorite Features

Handling, exterior, and reliability

Suggested Improvements

The only thing i would want to be improve would be the HP while stock. BMW has already fixed that with the newer ones so really I having nothing.

Wow
By Greg

1999 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323is 2dr Coupe

This is my first BMW and I love this car. Handling is 2nd to none. I tend to tire of vehicles very easily and this one is a joy to drive. This one has the DINAN upgrades which make it even more fun.

Favorite Features

Handing & smoothness of engine.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Fun car but has durability issues
By Vroom2

1999 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323is 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car to drive just about anywhere. Great on-road grip, handling, breaking and steering. Could use a few more horses but around town it's plenty fast enough. The main drawbacks are durability of the trim and reliability. When mine was 5 years old it started becoming expensive with radiator, gearbox and other issues. The rubber seals around the windows also started to wear at which point I sold it. Great car but needs some $$$ and TLC to maintain.

Favorite Features

Handling, engine, breaks, styling and HK sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Durability and reliability.

The thrill of the corners
By Lindsay

1999 BMW 3 Series Coupe 323is 2dr Coupe

This car is so much fun to drive. For a small six cylinder, it really moves. There have been a few minor problems, but if you are handy enough, most can befixed without going to the dealership. There are a number of online forums that you can join and ask questions of other owners that are more than willing to help. You'll find there is almost always someone who has experienced your problem or something like it and they will go out of their way to help you because BMW owners love their cars and people who drive the same ones! The car's handling is legendary and doesn't really need to be elaborated on. Truly the ultimate driving machine.

Favorite Features

Excellent handling. Solidly built. Cleanly designed exterior. Long list of standard features. Not bad gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Not much power in lower rpms. No intermittent wiper setting. Cupholders are terrible: recommend aftermarket