Used 1999 BMW 3 Series 328i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW 328i
By tame

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

When you go for BMW 3 Series you have to check which engine as their are 2 types VANOS system and double" VANOS both engine parts are not available if some one knows he might guide me!!! Make sure if you buy any BMW 3 Series 1999 and above model once its heat up (red light blink for any reasons) I advise you to go to nearest junk yard and through the car there. I spend on repairing it more than the price I bought . its second BMW I own . I donít advise anyone for BMW 328 I at all

Convertibles Rock
By Hammer

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

BMW must have made the convertibles much better because they seem to get much better reviews! I (and the previous owner) experienced NO problems other than routine maintenance (and I just passed 108,000 miles with no problems). Great vehicle - sure, it it stiff and tight, but its a sports car that rides and drives like a race car and get excellent gas mileage (average 24 mpg if I can keep my foot out of the fuel tank!). At 8 years old, the only thing I really need to upgrade is the stereo speakers. I did install a new top, but that's a given at the 6 to 8 year mark. Keep it clean and tuned up and the convertible's run fast, hard, and forever!

Cruising with the top down, stereo blasting, and the looks from all the Lexus, Mercedes, and other foreign drives that wish they had purchased a BMW!

I would say a CD player (in dash), but mine came with a factory installed changer in the trunk that works great!

1999 BMW 323I
By John doe

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

This car is the best car I have ever owned in reliability, fun to drive, and utility. It has only been in the shop a few times for routine maintenance and performs nicely to this day.

Silver color, stick transmission, fun to drive.

A bit more horsepower but the new ones have that now.

The Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Jeff Taylor

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

I get so many coments about my dark green '99 328ic convertible. "Nice car!" It gets a personal hand detail about twice a month. A four hour labor of love. Many ask: How do you like your BMW? The best way for me to sum it up is to honestly say: I could win the lottery Saturday night, and that would change a lot of things about my life. However, I would NOT change my car. Perhaps buy others, but this BMW is a keeper.

A joy to drive. Looks fabulous.

So few and so minor that it would be pointless to mention them.