Used 1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW 328i
By tame

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

When you go for BMW 3 Series you have to check which engine as their are 2 types VANOS system and double" VANOS both engine parts are not available if some one knows he might guide me!!! Make sure if you buy any BMW 3 Series 1999 and above model once its heat up (red light blink for any reasons) I advise you to go to nearest junk yard and through the car there. I spend on repairing it more than the price I bought . its second BMW I own . I donít advise anyone for BMW 328 I at all

Best. first car. ever.
By maggiewashere

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

I've only had this car for 2 weeks, and it's definitely a huge change from my dad's volvo wagon. Fuel economy is decent, especially for a car with a 6 cylinder engine, averaging 21 mpg (25-35hw). Backseat room was a pleasant surprise-2 5'8+ guys can fit in the back, no problem. I've put 1,200 miles on it, and so far no problems. I get tons of compliments on my car, the heated seats are nice for a New Yorker, and the sound system is great for a 12 year old car. Road noise actually isn't bad The only thing I don't like is the cup holders.It's fine for a little cappuccino or a giant sweet tea, but anything in between doesn't stay in and I just hold it between my legs.:/

Favorite Features

driving around with the top down, heated seats, premium sound, so fun to drive. black leather is gorgeous

Suggested Improvements

better cup holders, front armrest thing doesn't stay up and always knocks drinks out of back cup holder. no CD player, but it's an old car. one touch windows

99 Convertibles Rock
By sanderson14

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

So far have logged 190k miles. I run 10k miles between oil changes with full synthetic and drive hard and fast. This dream car has held up perfectly. I can get just under 30mpg if I keep the speed below 70. No leaks, doesn't burn oil and still looks like a new car. Repair history: replaced radiator (185k miles); brakes once (front at 90k and rears at 110k - nearly 90% of my driving is highway. Control arms at 100k, HVAC unit at 90K and one tune up at 100k. Advice - DIY for repairs (great websites out there for "how-to" advice and it is pretty easy to work on); buy parts from a reputable aftermarket company. Buy a wind deflector and put the top down!!

Favorite Features

Top down. Handling. Top end speed. Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger hinges for glove box

Convertibles Rock
By Hammer

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

BMW must have made the convertibles much better because they seem to get much better reviews! I (and the previous owner) experienced NO problems other than routine maintenance (and I just passed 108,000 miles with no problems). Great vehicle - sure, it it stiff and tight, but its a sports car that rides and drives like a race car and get excellent gas mileage (average 24 mpg if I can keep my foot out of the fuel tank!). At 8 years old, the only thing I really need to upgrade is the stereo speakers. I did install a new top, but that's a given at the 6 to 8 year mark. Keep it clean and tuned up and the convertible's run fast, hard, and forever!

Favorite Features

Cruising with the top down, stereo blasting, and the looks from all the Lexus, Mercedes, and other foreign drives that wish they had purchased a BMW!

Suggested Improvements

I would say a CD player (in dash), but mine came with a factory installed changer in the trunk that works great!

1999 BMW 323I
By John doe

1999 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

This car is the best car I have ever owned in reliability, fun to drive, and utility. It has only been in the shop a few times for routine maintenance and performs nicely to this day.

Favorite Features

Silver color, stick transmission, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more horsepower but the new ones have that now.