1999 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Best. first car. ever.
By maggiewashere on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

I've only had this car for 2 weeks, and it's definitely a huge change from my dad's volvo wagon. Fuel economy is decent, especially for a car with a 6 cylinder engine, averaging 21 mpg (25-35hw). Backseat room was a pleasant surprise-2 5'8+ guys can fit in the back, no problem. I've put 1,200 miles on it, and so far no problems. I get tons of compliments on my car, the heated seats are nice for a New Yorker, and the sound system is great for a 12 year old car. Road noise actually isn't bad The only thing I don't like is the cup holders.It's fine for a little cappuccino or a giant sweet tea, but anything in between doesn't stay in and I just hold it between my legs.:/

99 Convertibles Rock
By sanderson14 on 09/29/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

So far have logged 190k miles. I run 10k miles between oil changes with full synthetic and drive hard and fast. This dream car has held up perfectly. I can get just under 30mpg if I keep the speed below 70. No leaks, doesn't burn oil and still looks like a new car. Repair history: replaced radiator (185k miles); brakes once (front at 90k and rears at 110k - nearly 90% of my driving is highway. Control arms at 100k, HVAC unit at 90K and one tune up at 100k. Advice - DIY for repairs (great websites out there for "how-to" advice and it is pretty easy to work on); buy parts from a reputable aftermarket company. Buy a wind deflector and put the top down!!

Smooooooth
By bmr girl on 08/17/05 00:17 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

Fun and easy. This is the most fun I've ever had outside. I'll have to move south to get more months of enjoyment. Just enough power.

323 IC - fun in the sun
By Randall on 02/26/02 13:17 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

The 323IC is best with the top down and driving with the open air feel. If I could only use a one word description for this car, it would be "SMOOTH".