1999 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Unbelievable Ride
By Kyle F on 05/02/06 19:33 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

This is my first BMW and far from my last. I will never get rid of it but sure to get another. It is the smoothest ride with great handling. Great for just cruising around town and can handle its own when wanting to get somewhere quick. I have had a few little problems when I first bought it like an alignment but thats really it. The brake pads keep you busy with the dust but I replaced those by choice. The exterior is very sleek and sporty and the interior is pretty classy. The engine could use a little more power but I have done a few mods and gotten plenty of power. I have absolutely no complaints about this car and do not plan on having any Just do regular maint. and it will run forever

Wow
By Greg on 05/27/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

This is my first BMW and I love this car. Handling is 2nd to none. I tend to tire of vehicles very easily and this one is a joy to drive. This one has the DINAN upgrades which make it even more fun.

Fun car but has durability issues
By Vroom2 on 02/03/05 16:55 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car to drive just about anywhere. Great on-road grip, handling, breaking and steering. Could use a few more horses but around town it's plenty fast enough. The main drawbacks are durability of the trim and reliability. When mine was 5 years old it started becoming expensive with radiator, gearbox and other issues. The rubber seals around the windows also started to wear at which point I sold it. Great car but needs some $$$ and TLC to maintain.

The thrill of the corners
By Lindsay on 01/17/05 21:07 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

This car is so much fun to drive. For a small six cylinder, it really moves. There have been a few minor problems, but if you are handy enough, most can befixed without going to the dealership. There are a number of online forums that you can join and ask questions of other owners that are more than willing to help. You'll find there is almost always someone who has experienced your problem or something like it and they will go out of their way to help you because BMW owners love their cars and people who drive the same ones! The car's handling is legendary and doesn't really need to be elaborated on. Truly the ultimate driving machine.

Almost Perfection
By JakeAdams on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

BMW has never failed to impress me with their cars. This 323is is my favorite, so far.

Fun Car if you afford it!
By rickn on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

After owning the 323 for three years, I can tell you it has been a joy to drive. The handling and overall feel of the vehicle is better than anything Iíve ever driven. The only reason I would caution potential buyers is the reliability has proven to be poor. I have had interior trim fall off, many sensors blown and strange electrical/ computer malfunctions. Fortunately, the very expensive repairs were covered under an excellent warranty program. But, with the warranty ending, the annual repair costs will be high. Check with many on line forums discussing the BMW H46 and Consumer Reports, which recently removed the 3 series from their recommended list.

This is a great sports car!
By hollybuttitta on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

This car is incredibly reliable and a complete workhorse. It's hauls up hills, passes at the slightest touch of the gas, it wants to run! The engine purrs and it's ride is really smooth. I can't say anything bad about this car. BMW makes cars that are strong, reliable, and fun to drive. If you have to enjoy driving you need a car like this- it's worth the extra money.