Used 1999 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

323i convertible : perfect SoCal car
By khristophertab@gmail.com

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

the final year of the BMW E36, they worked out all the bugs at this stage.
power, acceleration, handling.... this car has it all.
of course the traditional BMW pricetag for repairs goes along with this.
but... truly a driving automobile.
the car is so fun to drive Im going to miss her tremendously.
I highly recommend this vehicle.

Great old second car
By tssutton

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Bought my 99 323i in September of 2012 with around 150k miles on it. I have the automatic base model which doesn't include power seats or fog lamps. But has every other option such as leather and sunroof. Got it for around $5,200 with a 1yr unlimited mile warranty. Bought as a second car to keep the miles down on my 2011 VW Passat. Starter began to stick when weather turned really cold and was replaced at local BMW dealer under warranty ($750 bill) also had an issue with the left turn signal blinking continuously even when it wasn't engaged ($350 parts and labor). Overall not bad for a car bought cheap and is 14yrs old. Drives like a dream. A little thirsty on gas for a 6 cyl engine.

BMW 328i
By tame

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

When you go for BMW 3 Series you have to check which engine
as their are 2 types VANOS system and double" VANOS both engine parts are not available if some one knows he might guide me!!!
Make sure if you buy any BMW 3 Series 1999 and above model once its heat up (red light blink for any reasons) I advise you to go to nearest junk yard and through the car there.
I spend on repairing it more than the price I bought . its second BMW I own .
I don’t advise anyone for BMW 328 I at all

Ultimate driving machine
By ec1024

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Best first car I've ever owned! Always reliable! People complain of the price to maintain BMW's sometimes. Yes, it is just a little bit more, but I'd rather pay that extra bit to have a vehicle that drives and looks great. Of course it's not a higher end BMW, but it is a BMW and a great starter BMW to have!

Xenon headlights are very attractive!

cupholders.

Best. first car. ever.
By maggiewashere

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

I've only had this car for 2 weeks, and it's definitely a huge change from my dad's volvo wagon. Fuel economy is decent, especially for a car with a 6 cylinder engine, averaging 21 mpg (25-35hw). Backseat room was a pleasant surprise-2 5'8+ guys can fit in the back, no problem. I've put 1,200 miles on it, and so far no problems. I get tons of compliments on my car, the heated seats are nice for a New Yorker, and the sound system is great for a 12 year old car. Road noise actually isn't bad The only thing I don't like is the cup holders.It's fine for a little cappuccino or a giant sweet tea, but anything in between doesn't stay in and I just hold it between my legs.:/

driving around with the top down, heated seats, premium sound, so fun to drive. black leather is gorgeous

better cup holders, front armrest thing doesn't stay up and always knocks drinks out of back cup holder. no CD player, but it's an old car. one touch windows