1999 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

1999 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great old second car
By tssutton on 05/24/13 01:21 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Bought my 99 323i in September of 2012 with around 150k miles on it. I have the automatic base model which doesn't include power seats or fog lamps. But has every other option such as leather and sunroof. Got it for around $5,200 with a 1yr unlimited mile warranty. Bought as a second car to keep the miles down on my 2011 VW Passat. Starter began to stick when weather turned really cold and was replaced at local BMW dealer under warranty ($750 bill) also had an issue with the left turn signal blinking continuously even when it wasn't engaged ($350 parts and labor). Overall not bad for a car bought cheap and is 14yrs old. Drives like a dream. A little thirsty on gas for a 6 cyl engine.

BMW 328i
By tame on 03/25/12 04:22 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

When you go for BMW 3 Series you have to check which engine as their are 2 types VANOS system and double" VANOS both engine parts are not available if some one knows he might guide me!!! Make sure if you buy any BMW 3 Series 1999 and above model once its heat up (red light blink for any reasons) I advise you to go to nearest junk yard and through the car there. I spend on repairing it more than the price I bought . its second BMW I own . I donít advise anyone for BMW 328 I at all

Ultimate driving machine
By ec1024 on 05/04/11 15:38 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

Best first car I've ever owned! Always reliable! People complain of the price to maintain BMW's sometimes. Yes, it is just a little bit more, but I'd rather pay that extra bit to have a vehicle that drives and looks great. Of course it's not a higher end BMW, but it is a BMW and a great starter BMW to have!

Best. first car. ever.
By maggiewashere on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

I've only had this car for 2 weeks, and it's definitely a huge change from my dad's volvo wagon. Fuel economy is decent, especially for a car with a 6 cylinder engine, averaging 21 mpg (25-35hw). Backseat room was a pleasant surprise-2 5'8+ guys can fit in the back, no problem. I've put 1,200 miles on it, and so far no problems. I get tons of compliments on my car, the heated seats are nice for a New Yorker, and the sound system is great for a 12 year old car. Road noise actually isn't bad The only thing I don't like is the cup holders.It's fine for a little cappuccino or a giant sweet tea, but anything in between doesn't stay in and I just hold it between my legs.:/

Still Great
By SW on 03/31/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

99 323i with premium and cold weather. 113k miles and still handles and runs strong. You have to get comfortable with maint - these cars need lots of love. Always check the maint records and get to know a good mechanic. Great cars!!

Good Car If You Can Afford It
By Jen on 02/03/10 23:28 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

My dad purchased this car for me in May. I had it inspected and they said it was in above average condition. Since I bought it I've had to replace the expansion tank for $300, Power Steering Pump and Hoses $1000, oil change for $160 and other hoses for $500. This is come to be expected of an 11 year old car. The brakes and brake pads have been fixed but constantly squeak and my lighter and car door lock button are broken. I've had the car inspected and the tires aligned but my car ALWAYS pulls! Other than those issues the car is good to drive, although it is TERRIBLE on gas. I am quite fond of the car but if I have a repair over $500 again, I'm selling it!

328i
By raisbeck on 01/18/10 20:15 PM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Long story short. I wound up with this car by accident. I thought that I was buying something nice and boring and maintenance free... Itt ain't. These (I bought one for my daughter) things take some TLC; but if you stay away from the dealers and do your own work, they're no more expensive than a Pontiac(got the bills from my wife's dealer). E46 - watch out for the cooling system. Radiators and water pumps are plastic and die after 8-9 years. Keep up the "routine" maintenance religiously. Find a reasonably priced source of parts.

Best Car Ever!
By devin on 01/13/10 11:37 AM (PST)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car used and in great shape. There were a few minor dings here and there, but i have been able to clean it up really well. I keep my cars in perfect condition. My 328is has been an exceptional automobile and I LOVE it

Reliable
By Mike on 09/24/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 323i 4dr Sedan

We bought this the first year out and besides the window regulator not working and being replace a few time it has been a great car. I have looked to replace it and unless I spend over 30k is performs and gets better gas MPG then the new cars of it size. I get 20 around town and 30 on the hwy. I will drive it until it dies.

DC 328... pretty but costly....
By london styles on 03/16/09 03:01 AM (PDT)

1999 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I've owned this 328 for 6 years now and I have 153k on it. I've redone the transmission, tons of pads, clutch, fog light bulbs and about to do the entire front susp/rear susp.. It will always start and remains sexy but it will dig in your pocket... I'd get rid of it were it not paid for.. I love bimmers but you gotta pay to play in this world... Find a guy u can trust to do your repairs and I'll help... I've got the sports package and it helps... Car could use more power.. It's a tank... The car has heart but like most pretty faces ends up costing more than it's worth.