1998 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Truly the Ultimate Driving Mac

1998 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

323is Coupe (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Truly the Ultimate Driving Machine
By Dell Sanders on

1998 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

This car had about 40,000 miles on it when I bought it under the Certified Pre-Owned program - that has turned out to be the best car-buying decision I ever made. I LOVE THIS CAR !! It now has over 104,000 miles on it - I've driven it back and forth across the entire country several times and there was never a problem. BMW really has a way of making you feel at one with the car like no other carmaker seems to be able to duplicate. Maintenance costs have been average with no expensive surprises. Everyone is amazed at how clean the engine always stays, and at how shiny the original paint still is, although I've lived both in dry desert areas and very cold climates. Again - I love this car!

Great styling - sporty yet elegant inside and out. I love the acceleration and throaty exhaust sound. The steering is absolutely perfect - praises to BMW !! The seats are very comfortable for a smaller car and do not hurt your back on long trips like sooooo many other cars it's size.

The cupholders are absolutely ridiculous - but if I were a carmaker and the only complaint was the cupholders, well then I guess I'd be pretty content, as BMW should be!! And besides, drinking a beverage is the last thing on your mind when you're racing around a hair-pin turn....