1998 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Drive a BMW and you'll see why

1998 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Drive a BMW and you'll see why!
By GearHeadPeter on

1998 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

I am a car guy as I have 60' & 70's muscle cars. I bought this car in Sept. of 2003 with only 35K on it. This is the best car to have fun in. It has great power for I6, the HK stereo and CD changer are awesome. The only problems I had was the taillight warning light telling me I had a burned out bulb. I found out by using Google that it is related to a faulty Stop light switch, which I replaced for under $20 and never had a problem since. I like one or two others have had a auto transmission problem when serviced but it was covered under the extended warranty, 4 years unlimited mileage, and only cost me $75 for a new transmission. Too Cool!

Being able to put the auto in manual mode, take off the traction control and shift the car. The HK stereo is fantastic, and since I have made some performance upgrades the car is even more fun to drive, if that is possible.

The cup holders are bad, but the Germans believe that driving a BMW should not be distracted by drinking coffee or soda.