Beware of the convertible top!
By domermom on
1998 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible
I just bought this car a couple of months ago. The previous owner spent over one thousand dollars at a BMW dealer attempting to fix the convertible-after all-that is why you buy this model. Although it does go up and down, it doesn't do it anywhere near as smooth as you would expect from a BMW. I am still going back and forth with the dealer I bought it from to get it right. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE the car_but I bought it for the convertible aspect and it is a very expensive and difficult thing to deal with.
Favorite Features
Driving with the top down and the way it hugs the road! And I have always loved a stick shift and this car should only be made that way-too much fun!
Suggested Improvements
The computer display on my car doesn't completely work - the LED display itself is burned out in several places. The convertible top mechanism could be less difficult to fix. And last-the airbag light on the passenger side is always on and is somehow connected to a very expensive part of the front passenger seat-so just to fix the light you need to replace a huge section of the seat.