Bavarian Cream
By Colin on
1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan
After years of BMW hating, my girlfriend finally convinced me to take one for a test drive. I drove an E46 325i (which I loved but did not find the price very inviting) and then my now E36 328i. Never have I experienced a car that is so connected to the driver and is able to "read" what I am doing next. For roughly $13k for a nice, low mileage example, there is simply no better car to buy than an e36 BMW. What a car! Much like an old Z, this is a car that I am kicking myself over for not discovering earlier. I bought mine from the dealership for an excellent price (With a 100k mile warranty included!) as a one owner, full history car. For those of you without one, you are truly missing out!
Favorite Features
This car handles and is extremely fun to drive. Despite what one reads, maintenance is not too costly and if done as required, the car will run forever. Close the door on one and you will "feel" what BMW is made of. Solid, solid, solid! Gas mileage is excellent and the car is HANDSOME.
Suggested Improvements
The cupholders are awful. The disc changer does not have a fast forward feature.