1998 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
love it
By michaelgdwn on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

drives great and its very fun

I love it!!
By k1llahbabe on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I love my 318ti, the only thing about it that i don't like is how you can't move the steering wheel, i can never get confortable but other then that it's a pretty nice little car!!

It is what it is
By JrB on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I bought used @ 36k, (60k now) I have had it for 4 years and not a problem. It is a small compact car and that is what you get...and a little more. Very fun and good gas mileage.

Love this Beemer
By MIFW on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

I HAVE HAD MANY NICE AUTOMOBILES AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE BY FAR. I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING. IT MOVES WHEN YOU NEED TO TO GET YOU IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC. I WOULD DEFINITELY DO THIS AGAIN. I THINK THE STYLING IS GREAT ALSO BUT THE HANDLING IS WONDERFUL.

A cream Puff
By cybergypsy on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

I bought this cream puff in near perfect condition with 52,000 miles. She is quick and Sharp. I had a 1995 325i before her, but this one is perfect.

BMW 328IS coupe
By BMW fan on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

What a great car to drive. We're buying an SUV for the space. I'll miss this fun, sporty car. Had many people comment..."NIIIIICE Car". I'd recommend it if you enjoy driving on the highway.

1998 318ti with Sport Suspension
By jobu on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

Handles and looks great. Has been very reliable except for some bizarre problems for considering the age of the car. Catalytic converter went at 50k mark and we also found out that it was loosely connected so there was constant rattling from early on which no one could diagnose. Driver's window assembly collapsed at 40k mark. Gas cap has been a problem since early on...doesn't seem to fit well after a while causing a check engine light to appear as a result of a poor vaccuum.

My favorite one yet
By Rob Towner on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

A bad day at work quickly turns into a smile on your face when you drive away in this car. It has all the power you want and at your pedal no matter what speed you are at. Smooth suspension, tight steering, easy shifting, and the true meaning of the ultimate driving experience. This is the best car I have owned and would highly recommend to anyone wanting the best of all worlds.

Cant ask for much more
By brian323is on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

Excellent! There are not many other words to describe this car. I am a performance driver and this car takes all that I give it and responds with a smile as it grips the road and asks me to push it harder. I have had no major problems with the car ever and it is still running strong. I have raced the car a few times and have been very happy with the results. I ran a 14.5 in the 1/4 mile and the car is bone stock. BMW really does build the ultimate driveing machine.

Love-hate relationship with my E36
By Andy S on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I love driving my 328i. The steering, throttle response, pedal placement, driving position, etc. were very well done. The down side is the know list of "common E36 problems" that I keep having to fix. Expect to replace front ball joints and rear shock mounts. Also, it's just a matter of time before some component of the cooling system will fail.