Used 1998 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

This Is A Real Car
By Japanese to German

1998 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

Whenever I think of a car for the rest of my life, it will be a BMW. I've had this car for one month and the ride is unbelievable. The tranny shifts so freaking smooth you'll think it's an autostick. Mine has 72,000 miles right now, and I swear it drives like brand new. It takes windy roads like it's on tracks, and I've already hit triple digits on the highway twice without noticing unitl I looked down at my speedometer! I think that shows that I've really been driving the heck out of this thing, and I'm still averaging around 25 miles to the gallon; over 30 when I'm on flat highway. I think Hondas and Toyotas and Nissans are great cars, but after a BMW, I'll never be able to drive one again.

Awesome HK sound system, great handling, amazing braking, and good gas mileage for a six-cylinder. This car had rekindled my love of the road that my reliable but boring Toyota drained.

Well, the cupholders are bad, for sure. But I don't have time for drinks in my 5-speed anyway. I'm always shifting and cutting through traffic. This car couldn't be any more fun. Think about that: the only thing I MIGHT change is the cupholder. What an awesome car!

Always wanted one
By hueston69

1998 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Always wanted a 5 series wagon, but when this came available I couldn't help myself. Other than being very slow off the line this is the best driving vehicle I have ever owned. This car is so smooth at highway speeds (and faster!!), that I can't wait to take long road trips. Have only had it for a few months, so can't say much about reliability other than I am not afraid to drive this car long distances.

Harmon Kardon stereo.

Wish I had an armrest, only thing wrong with this vehicle.

Fun
By nate

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

The best thing about this car is that it is fun... cornering is exceptional, handling very predictable. Truly enjoyable... california sunroof rare and makes the car even more unique.

California sunroof, 5 speed transmission, sport package, hatchback.

None

My first bmw
By victorrrq

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

The car is fantastic...when its fixed. When I first bought the car it was all right, but when the warrantee ended, I was forced to go fix the car. Cooling problems, electrical problems, I probably spent over 10g's of repairs and upgrades to the car. I love the car but the repairs for it are a...you know what. And the car is awful in winter, but that could be fixed with newer winter tires.

I love the power of the inline 6. the engine will push if you need it to. And the stability on the car is amazing, weaving through traffic never been so much fun. I have total control of the car.

Improvements? Not much to say but I'm a young adult and I'd rather not have the wood looking interior. I'd rather have carbon fiber haha.

SPORTS CAR QUALITY BUILT
By BMWOWNER

1998 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

The biggest thrill is with the top down. Very little wind in the front seat. All the great accesories are included with the car. Very well built and low maintenance car. Great gas mileage. This is my second BMW and it won't be the last. The car handles great and has good acceleration. The only draw back is there isn't much room in the back seat. This is a great car.

It sticks to the ground like a great sports car.

COULD USE A GLASS BACK WINDOW