1998 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
I have driven alot of cars.....
By falkonv7l on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

And this one ROCKS!!! The most pleasant car I have ever driven. I have the sport pkg, constantly in contact with the road yet the suspension is not rough, the grip is amazing, the steering is on par with a Porsche! This is truly a drivers car. The chasis is as stif as the day it was built (now I have over 80k miles) Oh did I mention it is a very good looking car as well!

1998 BMW 318ti Sport
By BB Fan on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

Exception handling and braking. Great gas mileage. Sports package is exception and car looks great. Car is fun to drive and is a real head turner.

I love that car!!!
By HL1981 on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

This car is so fun to drive!

The Best in it's Class
By Monal on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

After years of ownership I can only praise BMW 328 IS. The outstanding quality and overal reliability of this car makes me want to keep it forever. It's proven to be a fun car to drive, and remarquably safe in difficult or unexpected driving situations. And the looks? Oh...after 6 years it still turn heads on the road. Classy and contemporary! The acceleration is fantastic and fuel economy unbelievable. The interior is roomy, quite and luxurious. The sport package it's a plus in this car.

The Finest in German Engineering
By Trin->Starr on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I bought my BM used in 2002, and this car is AMAZING. There are few quirks that seem to happen with all BMWs but they are not life threatening, or highly irritating. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone. Dealership fees are a bit exorbitant, but look around where you live, you will find some that specialize in BMWs and other german cars. The internet also has a great repository of information on how to fix/repair, and troubleshoot. Most of them can be done by yourself

Dependability Is Needed
By fred harris on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

Found this car to need repairs on an every other month basis. Repairs on this car are very expensive so be ready. Get one thing fixed and something else goes out. Will not buy another BMW. I'm back to an easy to repair Mustang.

Great Car
By DPoon on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I had no intention of buying a BMW when I bought this car. It had been traded in 2 days before and was in perfect condition. It only had 48k on it. I did the test drive and there was no question about buying it. Surprisingly, the price was excellent. Much lower than I though a BMW should be.

Its True (the Ultimate Driving Machine)
By Cella on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

This is my 1st BMW and I will always own a BMW from this point on. The car has features than are even listed. If you own or buying a BMW you have to read the manual. If I didn't I wouldn't know so many things the car does for me. It sticks to the ground like glue. The electronic governer doesnt allow you to go faster than 147 MPH. People asked where I get it that fast in Chicago. It doesn't take long and U don't feel it. If you are thinking about buying one DO IT!!! Drop that top and fly... HK Stereo upgrade a must!!

A longtime dream come true...
By Trish Arnold on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

I have wanted a BMW 3 series since the mid 90's. I finally bought a '98 328i this year and I LOVE it!!! I have owned brand new cars that weren't as tight as this car! It's beautiful, handles fantastic, and is SO much fun to drive, I find myself making excuses to drive it!

Buy this car
By Gabriel on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 2004, it had 60k on it. The car is simply amazing. It handles like it's on rails. Very comfortable, everything was well thought out in the interior. The clutch is completely smooth.