1998 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great car, maintenance nightmare
By cats-rule on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I love this car, but hate the maintenance. I did not want to have this close a relationship with a service department. The service department is great and they treat you well, but they charge you tons of money and your car is there a lot.

I love my beemer!
By cats_rule_texas on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

This car is fun to drive and comfortable. My car does not look like it is 5 years old. It handles well and is fun to drive.

Best car in the universe?
By joynerr on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

I started on a six-month long car hunt and drove the new Sentra, Maxima, used GS400s and LS400s, Jettas and many other fine cars. I stumbled upon a used BMW 325 and took it for a drive. It immediately impressed me and I later drove some 328s. I bought a 1998 328i with the Harmon Kardon sound system, sport suspension, and silver metallic paint and am extremely pleased with the car. The car transforms from family sedan to sports car by just flicking it into a few tight turns and down shifting. For around 20k it seems like a steal parked next to the new +20k Taurus in the parking lot.

my 328i
By Turner on 02/26/02 18:33 PM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series Sedan 328i 4dr Sedan

great performance/comfort/appearance value! Fun to drive, reliable, and definitely worth it.