1998 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
1998 BMW 328i sedan manual
By Twotone on 08/26/09 14:14 PM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

The BMW 3 Series is the best balance of luxury, sport, comfort, fun to drive and style. No other small sedan comes close. No other front engine, manual transmission RWD sedans are currently available. I get 21 MPG around town and two road trips of 33 MPG driving 80+ MPH. Other have mentioned reliability issues. In the 4+ years I have owned it, all I have done is oil changes, brake pads and tires. This has been the most reliable car I have owned (I've had 20+ cars). It still looks and drives like a new car after 11 years and 95k miles.

The Absolute Perfect Machine
By NealPratt on 02/20/09 21:26 PM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

I cannot complain about many things about this car. My favorite part, performance, is exceptional for a 6 cylinder. The throttle is responsive and the pick-up and 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gear will push you into your seat, even the exhaust has a subtle growl. The ergonomics of the car are perfect. Radio controls, air conditioning controls, gearshift, blinker, headlight switch, seat adjustments... Everything is perfectly placed. The integrity of the interior materials is superb. The leather is strong and the stitching doesn't break. The interior is very beautiful and the exterior of the car is stunning. You have to drive one to see how many heads turn as you drive by.

Great used car to drive
By ed on 11/17/08 13:21 PM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

Speaking as original owner,with 102k mi. Its a very nice and engineer vehicle! Love to drive all the time. I would recommend as great used car!

Awesome
By cj on 07/14/08 07:39 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car to drive to and from work but I drive it all the time! Gas mileage is the best, getting 34 MPG and this car is 10 years old!

1998 BMW 3 Series
By THE "G" on 05/09/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

Bought my Black 328i in 2000. 2nd owner it was a lease vehicle. I have been a naughty owner and have only changed the oil, rotors, brake pads, brake sensors & tires for the most part. I put TVs in the head rests, Chrome 18" rims w/z-rate tires and a kicking stereo system in addition to the HK system that included a tv in the radio as well. I've driven this car through out Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, and from coast to coast (in the US. The tint came in handy) plenty of times and never has it stranded me. I had a problem with the acceleration in auto and would have to drop down to manual but it still never starnded me and continued to out perform other vehicles.

This Is A Real Car
By Japanese to German on 09/17/07 22:46 PM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 323is 2dr Coupe

Whenever I think of a car for the rest of my life, it will be a BMW. I've had this car for one month and the ride is unbelievable. The tranny shifts so freaking smooth you'll think it's an autostick. Mine has 72,000 miles right now, and I swear it drives like brand new. It takes windy roads like it's on tracks, and I've already hit triple digits on the highway twice without noticing unitl I looked down at my speedometer! I think that shows that I've really been driving the heck out of this thing, and I'm still averaging around 25 miles to the gallon; over 30 when I'm on flat highway. I think Hondas and Toyotas and Nissans are great cars, but after a BMW, I'll never be able to drive one again.

Always wanted one
By hueston69 on 08/16/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan

Always wanted a 5 series wagon, but when this came available I couldn't help myself. Other than being very slow off the line this is the best driving vehicle I have ever owned. This car is so smooth at highway speeds (and faster!!), that I can't wait to take long road trips. Have only had it for a few months, so can't say much about reliability other than I am not afraid to drive this car long distances.

Fun
By nate on 05/24/06 19:02 PM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 318ti 2dr Hatchback

The best thing about this car is that it is fun... cornering is exceptional, handling very predictable. Truly enjoyable... california sunroof rare and makes the car even more unique.

My first bmw
By victorrrq on 04/12/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan

The car is fantastic...when its fixed. When I first bought the car it was all right, but when the warrantee ended, I was forced to go fix the car. Cooling problems, electrical problems, I probably spent over 10g's of repairs and upgrades to the car. I love the car but the repairs for it are a...you know what. And the car is awful in winter, but that could be fixed with newer winter tires.

SPORTS CAR QUALITY BUILT
By BMWOWNER on 12/10/05 21:39 PM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 323i 2dr Convertible

The biggest thrill is with the top down. Very little wind in the front seat. All the great accesories are included with the car. Very well built and low maintenance car. Great gas mileage. This is my second BMW and it won't be the last. The car handles great and has good acceleration. The only draw back is there isn't much room in the back seat. This is a great car.