Used 1998 BMW 3 Series 323i Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great
By zapban

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

This is actually my first car, and I love it. It's fun, and has been reliable. The car is quick, and can corner great. The only bad thing is the cup holder, which is the only thing in suggested improvements. The bits are a bit expensive, such as the dash lights. This isn't just great because it's my first car, one of the cars in the house is much faster and is for wheel drive. Not a whole not of trunk space, but I can fit my guitar in it, and really anything I need to fit in it. The back seats also lack a bit of leg room. Nothing I can say is bad about this car, so I do recommend this.

Favorite Features

Convertible top obviously It's fun, and corners well I like walking up and seeing the car.

Suggested Improvements

The one and only suggestion is to switch out the cup holder for something else. This is literally the worst cup holder ever in the universe. The up holder is to small for anything to go in it, and not just by U.S. standards. Anything that you put in it will fly out in the corners, so the only drink you can safely have in it has to be bottled. Not only can the cup holder not fit any drinks in it, if there is a drink in it, it gets in the way of shifting. You can't shift without hitting whatever is in the cup holder. All in all, if you can find something to replace the cup holder, then do so.

SPORTS CAR QUALITY BUILT
By BMWOWNER

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

The biggest thrill is with the top down. Very little wind in the front seat. All the great accesories are included with the car. Very well built and low maintenance car. Great gas mileage. This is my second BMW and it won't be the last. The car handles great and has good acceleration. The only draw back is there isn't much room in the back seat. This is a great car.

Favorite Features

It sticks to the ground like a great sports car.

Suggested Improvements

COULD USE A GLASS BACK WINDOW

Dependability Is Needed
By fred harris

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

Found this car to need repairs on an every other month basis. Repairs on this car are very expensive so be ready. Get one thing fixed and something else goes out. Will not buy another BMW. I'm back to an easy to repair Mustang.

Favorite Features

Convertebles are fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Make care more dependable.

Its True (the Ultimate Driving Machine)
By Cella

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

This is my 1st BMW and I will always own a BMW from this point on. The car has features than are even listed. If you own or buying a BMW you have to read the manual. If I didn't I wouldn't know so many things the car does for me. It sticks to the ground like glue. The electronic governer doesnt allow you to go faster than 147 MPH. People asked where I get it that fast in Chicago. It doesn't take long and U don't feel it. If you are thinking about buying one DO IT!!! Drop that top and fly... HK Stereo upgrade a must!!

Favorite Features

ACS+T (automatic stability control + Traction controll), Speed sensative braking system, roll over protection & roll bar feature), built in sub woofer, heated door locks+Mirrors+WW=sprayers&blower rear defrost,program seats 2 heat b4 U even get to the car. Wipers and MPH go 2gether

Suggested Improvements

Center Council should have arm rest. U can buy an after market to match int.