Used 1998 BMW 3 Series 328i Convertible Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Beware of the convertible top!
By domermom

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car a couple of months ago.
The previous owner spent over one thousand dollars at a BMW dealer attempting to fix the convertible-after all-that is why you buy this model.
Although it does go up and down, it doesn't do it anywhere near as smooth as you would expect from a BMW.
I am still going back and forth with the dealer I bought it from to get it right.
Don't get me wrong-I LOVE the car_but I bought it for the convertible aspect and it is a very expensive and difficult thing to deal with.

Driving with the top down and the way it hugs the road! And I have always loved a stick shift and this car should only be made that way-too much fun!

The computer display on my car doesn't completely work - the LED display itself is burned out in several places. The convertible top mechanism could be less difficult to fix. And last-the airbag light on the passenger side is always on and is somehow connected to a very expensive part of the front passenger seat-so just to fix the light you need to replace a huge section of the seat.

Thrill to drive
By David C.

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

This car is a thrill to drive. Even though it is six years old, it still looks and drives like a new car. The biggest thrill is with the top down. Very little wind in the front seat. All the great accesories are included with the car. Very well built and low maintenance car. Great gas mileage. This is my second BMW and it won't be the last. The car handles great and has good acceleration. The only draw back is there isn't much room in the back seat. This is a great car.

My favorite features are the car being a convertible with a power top and the comfortable ride in the leather seats. Also the 6-disk cd changer with Harmon Kardon sound system.

None....other than maybe a little more leg room in the back seat.

Love this Beemer
By MIFW

I HAVE HAD MANY NICE AUTOMOBILES AND
THIS IS MY FAVORITE BY FAR. I LOVE THE
PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING. IT MOVES WHEN
YOU NEED TO TO GET YOU IN AND OUT OF
TRAFFIC. I WOULD DEFINITELY DO THIS AGAIN.
I THINK THE STYLING IS GREAT ALSO BUT
THE HANDLING IS WONDERFUL.