Used 1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great
By zapban

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

This is actually my first car, and I love it. It's fun, and has been reliable. The car is quick, and can corner great. The only bad thing is the cup holder, which is the only thing in suggested improvements. The bits are a bit expensive, such as the dash lights. This isn't just great because it's my first car, one of the cars in the house is much faster and is for wheel drive. Not a whole not of trunk space, but I can fit my guitar in it, and really anything I need to fit in it. The back seats also lack a bit of leg room. Nothing I can say is bad about this car, so I do recommend this.

Convertible top obviously It's fun, and corners well I like walking up and seeing the car.

The one and only suggestion is to switch out the cup holder for something else. This is literally the worst cup holder ever in the universe. The up holder is to small for anything to go in it, and not just by U.S. standards. Anything that you put in it will fly out in the corners, so the only drink you can safely have in it has to be bottled. Not only can the cup holder not fit any drinks in it, if there is a drink in it, it gets in the way of shifting. You can't shift without hitting whatever is in the cup holder. All in all, if you can find something to replace the cup holder, then do so.

Beware of the convertible top!
By domermom

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car a couple of months ago. The previous owner spent over one thousand dollars at a BMW dealer attempting to fix the convertible-after all-that is why you buy this model. Although it does go up and down, it doesn't do it anywhere near as smooth as you would expect from a BMW. I am still going back and forth with the dealer I bought it from to get it right. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE the car_but I bought it for the convertible aspect and it is a very expensive and difficult thing to deal with.

Driving with the top down and the way it hugs the road! And I have always loved a stick shift and this car should only be made that way-too much fun!

The computer display on my car doesn't completely work - the LED display itself is burned out in several places. The convertible top mechanism could be less difficult to fix. And last-the airbag light on the passenger side is always on and is somehow connected to a very expensive part of the front passenger seat-so just to fix the light you need to replace a huge section of the seat.

SPORTS CAR QUALITY BUILT
By BMWOWNER

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

It sticks to the ground like a great sports car.

COULD USE A GLASS BACK WINDOW

Thrill to drive
By David C.

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

This car is a thrill to drive. Even though it is six years old, it still looks and drives like a new car. The biggest thrill is with the top down. Very little wind in the front seat. All the great accesories are included with the car. Very well built and low maintenance car. Great gas mileage. This is my second BMW and it won't be the last. The car handles great and has good acceleration. The only draw back is there isn't much room in the back seat. This is a great car.

My favorite features are the car being a convertible with a power top and the comfortable ride in the leather seats. Also the 6-disk cd changer with Harmon Kardon sound system.

None....other than maybe a little more leg room in the back seat.

Dependability Is Needed
By fred harris

1998 BMW 3 Series Convertible 323i 2dr Convertible

Found this car to need repairs on an every other month basis. Repairs on this car are very expensive so be ready. Get one thing fixed and something else goes out. Will not buy another BMW. I'm back to an easy to repair Mustang.

Convertebles are fun to drive.

Make care more dependable.