1998 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
The Absolute Perfect Machine
By NealPratt on 02/20/09 21:26 PM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

I cannot complain about many things about this car. My favorite part, performance, is exceptional for a 6 cylinder. The throttle is responsive and the pick-up and 1st, 2nd and even 3rd gear will push you into your seat, even the exhaust has a subtle growl. The ergonomics of the car are perfect. Radio controls, air conditioning controls, gearshift, blinker, headlight switch, seat adjustments... Everything is perfectly placed. The integrity of the interior materials is superb. The leather is strong and the stitching doesn't break. The interior is very beautiful and the exterior of the car is stunning. You have to drive one to see how many heads turn as you drive by.

Great used car to drive
By ed on 11/17/08 13:21 PM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

Speaking as original owner,with 102k mi. Its a very nice and engineer vehicle! Love to drive all the time. I would recommend as great used car!

Amazing
By gabe dietz on 07/28/05 06:26 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

Black on black with tinted windows and a sun roof... ohhhh yea! This car drives amazing. I bought it with 59k on it a year and a half ago and now it has 72k. It feels like it will be good for another 100k. The only problem I have had with it was a failed catalytic converter, which was still under warranty. You will not find a better car for the money. Great performance and good gas mileage...I get just over 30 mpg on the highway and 25 in the city and the car takes regular 89 octane gas! If you want a sports car that is still somewhat practical, this car is perfect.

Best Series 3 Ever
By Fonfed on 06/12/05 08:40 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

The 328 IS is probably one of the best series 3 ever built by BMW. The engine is very responsive, powerful and yet quiet. Gas consumption is outstanding. I actually make 32 m/g on highway and 26 on city traffic. The interior is very confortable and luxurious. Needless to say the 328 is very well built with lots of attention to details. Mechanically the 328 is as good as it gets.

The Best in it's Class
By Monal on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

After years of ownership I can only praise BMW 328 IS. The outstanding quality and overal reliability of this car makes me want to keep it forever. It's proven to be a fun car to drive, and remarquably safe in difficult or unexpected driving situations. And the looks? Oh...after 6 years it still turn heads on the road. Classy and contemporary! The acceleration is fantastic and fuel economy unbelievable. The interior is roomy, quite and luxurious. The sport package it's a plus in this car.

Buy this car
By Gabriel on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used in 2004, it had 60k on it. The car is simply amazing. It handles like it's on rails. Very comfortable, everything was well thought out in the interior. The clutch is completely smooth.

A cream Puff
By cybergypsy on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

I bought this cream puff in near perfect condition with 52,000 miles. She is quick and Sharp. I had a 1995 325i before her, but this one is perfect.

BMW 328IS coupe
By BMW fan on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

What a great car to drive. We're buying an SUV for the space. I'll miss this fun, sporty car. Had many people comment..."NIIIIICE Car". I'd recommend it if you enjoy driving on the highway.

Oh yeah, baby!
By Indie21 on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

My wife needed to upgrade to a newer, safer vehicle so we started looking. We live near the world's largest automall so options were not a problem. We stumbled upon this vehicle purely by chance. After the test drive we knew it was the one. A week later the price dropped $4,000 and we jumped on it. It's hard to believe that such beauty, comfort, agressiveness, sportiness, and safety can be found in one vehicle. This truly is the Ultimate Driving Machine.

What a car!!!
By Mace on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe

Having just recently bought a 328I sports coupe with the lux pack, I can honestly say that it is the best car I have driven, for fun, refinement and reliability nothing comes close. I have in the passed been an owner of the folllowing: Porsche 911, Audi A8, Toyota celica, Nissan 300zx and to be fair the Audi comes quite close, but thats all, I would like to assure anyone thinking of getting one, "do" you will not be disappointed.