1998 BMW 3 Series 328i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

1998 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Sort Reviews by

Beware of the convertible top!
By domermom

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

I just bought this car a couple of months ago. The previous owner spent over one thousand dollars at a BMW dealer attempting to fix the convertible-after all-that is why you buy this model. Although it does go up and down, it doesn't do it anywhere near as smooth as you would expect from a BMW. I am still going back and forth with the dealer I bought it from to get it right. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE the car_but I bought it for the convertible aspect and it is a very expensive and difficult thing to deal with.

Favorite Features

Driving with the top down and the way it hugs the road! And I have always loved a stick shift and this car should only be made that way-too much fun!

Suggested Improvements

The computer display on my car doesn't completely work - the LED display itself is burned out in several places. The convertible top mechanism could be less difficult to fix. And last-the airbag light on the passenger side is always on and is somehow connected to a very expensive part of the front passenger seat-so just to fix the light you need to replace a huge section of the seat.

Thrill to drive
By David C.

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

This car is a thrill to drive. Even though it is six years old, it still looks and drives like a new car. The biggest thrill is with the top down. Very little wind in the front seat. All the great accesories are included with the car. Very well built and low maintenance car. Great gas mileage. This is my second BMW and it won't be the last. The car handles great and has good acceleration. The only draw back is there isn't much room in the back seat. This is a great car.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the car being a convertible with a power top and the comfortable ride in the leather seats. Also the 6-disk cd changer with Harmon Kardon sound system.

Suggested Improvements

None....other than maybe a little more leg room in the back seat.

Love this Beemer
By MIFW

1998 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

I HAVE HAD MANY NICE AUTOMOBILES AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE BY FAR. I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING. IT MOVES WHEN YOU NEED TO TO GET YOU IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC. I WOULD DEFINITELY DO THIS AGAIN. I THINK THE STYLING IS GREAT ALSO BUT THE HANDLING IS WONDERFUL.