Truly the "Ultimate"
By H328i on
1997 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan
When we had the second child, my wife suggested I get rid of my truck for a "family" car. With the only requirements to be an automatic and a 4-door I set out to find my new wheels, trying like mad to avoid a mini van at all costs. Missing my old sports car from high school and tired of seeing everyone in Camrys and Accords, I wanted different and unique. I found this 328i to be just the cure for the "midlife" and still making the wife happy for the rare transports of the kids. This car is awseome. Sometimes the best part of the workday is the drive to and from work. BMW is the Ultimate Driving Machine.
Favorite Features
I recommend the sport package which gets a lot of extra performance and features. I love being able to outpace most cars on the road. The braking is excellent and the handling is legendary BMW. The optional computer provides all the things you ever wanted to know and then some.
Suggested Improvements
Interior in my model is somewhat Spartan. For a luxury car, I would have expected a bit more "wood". Some parts get a bit pricey, like the $90 fog light. Needs a more adjustable "wiper delay" control.