Santa got it right
By xmsbmw on
1997 BMW 3 Series 318i 4dr Sedan
Santa brought a 1997 red BMW 5 speed convertible to our house on Christmas morning in 2006. My wife absolutely loves this car. We took a ride along the southern half of the Blue Ridge Parkway this summer with the top down and it was an incredible trip. We have had (knock on wood) no problems and no repairs since the day we got it. All we have done in two years is change the oil. Some day the top will need to be replaced but we knew that when we got it. I compare this to a 1986 Buick "T" type I bought new that was suppose to be GM's answer to the BMW. I spent $16K on the Buick, had it 9 years and put over $17K of my own money in repairs. I now know, if you want a BMW, then buy a BMW!
Favorite Features
The car is 12 years old and the red paint looks brand new and convertibles a soooo much fun to cruise in on a beautiful summer night
Suggested Improvements
We like everything about this car. The dealer wants about $4K for a new top so that will hurt, especially considering the value of the car isn't too much more than that, but hopefully we can find a specialty shop that can do a good job for a little less.