I'm never selling this car!
By Ken on
1997 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan
Well, I purchased this 1997 328i in 1999 as a dealer leftover that had been sitting on the lot for a very long time. I got a heck of a deal on it. I have driven it on and off for the past 11 years and when I'm not using the car, it's garaged. The black paint shines like the day I got it. The interior shows almost no signs of wear aside from the drivers floor mat. No cracking of the leather, etc. I have had NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS whatsoever with the car in the 70,000 miles I've owned it. Aside from regular scheduled maintenance, I've replaced the brake pads and tires once and that's it. This car has proven to be the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I will never sell this car.
Favorite Features
Classic styling. Plush interior. The low and mid range torque is great. The car has the perfect balance of comfort and performance. The OEM spring and damper rates on the sport package are perfect! Reliability (I've had absolutely no problems). The Nakamichi stereo is LOUD with no distortion.
Suggested Improvements
More horsepower (I know, I should have bought an M3). A better clutch to help with quicker shifts (you really cannot power shift these cars). Resale value! Even with only 70,000 mi, this car that was $35,000+ new is only worth $4500 today. A beat up 1997 civic with 150k miles is worth just as much.