Best ride I've owned
By Jeffy347 on
1997 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe
Bought this car knowing I would be driving a ton. Also, a bit of a rebound from previous marriage. It is an investment that has paid great dividends to my state of mind. No offense to my counselor - but for the same price, this vehicle offers similar solace :-) Bought with 99k,Trouble free to 107k in two months. I am concerned with a sluggish passenger window - auto up feature is sometimes sporadic - also passenger power lock has quit. I am sure it is a quick fix though. And smaller a price for sure than the 95 Audi 90 I owned this time last year. I am betting the Bimmer will not disappoint as much as that money pit! Long story short BMW Rocks!
Favorite Features
Sliding into 2nd gear and goosing it to 60mph while merging at on ramps. Heated seats, Power everything, Powerful and smooth I-6. GREAT 5 speed tranny. Style points - design that defies age .
Suggested Improvements
Window and lock electrics. Lower profile tires - I guess I could get a newer one. Stock stereo lacks much in balance and depth of sound. Engine takes 7 quarts of oil! Full synthetic will run $50 + even for the do it your selfer. But if that is the secret to the engine runnin forever