1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great handling, excellent value
By mdriver on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328is 2dr Coupe

This is a very fun car. It has acceptable fuel economy in my opinion and has very good build quality. Easy to maintain if you like to work on the car yourself, though dealer visits can get very expensive very quickly.

1997 Arctic Silver 328is
By urban328is on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328is 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, my father bought it for me for $10k. It is Arctic Silver, fully loaded with sports package, 6 disc changer, leather, etc. It does have 132000 miles on it but they are mostly highway miles and this car still drives like it is fresh off the lot. I would highly recommend the 3-series, we have two on the driveway and couildnt be happier with them.

Fantastic Car
By Indyrob on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used...Awesome handling, good gas mileage, quiet, excellent pick-up in 5th.

1997 bmw 328is
By kyle a on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Love the car, have lots of fun with it.

BMW328is 2 door
By TZILLIGEN36 on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328is 2dr Coupe

This car is the best handling car I have driven. It is a fun car to drive and gets good gas milage.

Just can't get enough of it!
By BMW Boy on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328is 2dr Coupe

Love this car! I did research for months and compared it to many other cars that are 'similar'. This one took the cake, and I test drove tons of other cars. Make sure you get the sports package and Harmon Kardon Sound. I've done a few engine modifications for more horses, and now I've beat plenty of Mustang GT's and others like it!

How Soon Is Now?
By Moz1Fan on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Though it is used, it is the best car I've ever driven. Just had it fully serviced, and to no surprise it has NO problems.It's never too late to drive "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Morrissey drives one of these, what else can I say.

Highly Recommend This Car
By Juliet Brumlik on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

This is my second 318is - both incredible. I now also own a 540i, and when I get back into my 318is I marvel that it does NOT seem dinky/underpowered next to the 540. I tend to drive the 3 faster, as it feels zippy and there's such a feeling of control over the vehicle. It has the sports suspension, which I adore - it really does make a difference. I have the manual transmission, and the clutch is silky and wonderful. Visibility is phenomenal. Great gas mileage, reliability and safety w/this car. By the way, this car has the best cup holders EVER. Put a soda can in and drive like Mario Andretti? No problem here.

Be ware of your local BMW shop
By saltyswede on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 318is 2dr Coupe

Took my car to S.F. BMW for a 60k check up. I was told that the cost would be 650. They then took of new wiperblades and replaced them etc. alot of hidden costs. They told me that the radiator was leaking and said that it with the "plastic waterpump and thermostate housing" at a cost of 3800. I took the car to a independent shop who informed me that the production date of my car indicated that it would not have the plastic waterpump. If you need parts for your BMW try the Partsbin.com they sell OEM and after market parts. S.F. BMW OEM Radiator 385 The Partsbin OME with shiping 169 The radiators are both made by baher and are identical.

Fun Drive Insane Maintenance
By cestrada on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 BMW 3 Series Coupe 328is 2dr Coupe

Bought our 328i coupe certified 3 years ago with 49,500 miles on it. Within 1 year, "certified" didn't cover the frnt brakes ($495)or back brakes ($520). Rock marks on hood were covered with touch-up paint that washed away after 6 mos. It looked so bad that we replaced the hood for $350. On-board computer and Check Engine lights come on = $50 co-pay just to have it looked at. We have put about $2600 in maintenance into this car, not including oil changes. With $5000 down pmt and $300 per month payments, that is just too much money to spend for three years. Lease is up next week and we are not buying because I can't handle more maintenance costs.