Used 1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

My favorite car by my favorite manufacturer...BMW!
By Aimee Jason

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

This car makes car number 7 for me. I have loved BMW cars for as long as I can remember and my all-time favorite car...period...is the BMW X5 since its market debut. But this BMW....my baby...my boopie doopie...my Nu-Nu...which is her name...is THE BEST CAR I have yet to own. I purchased this car in December 2014....because I needed a car...and of course it was a BMW. I use to sell cars, so needless to say I got her for a great deal. And what a total blessing she has been to me. I knew she needed a new convertible top....no biggie! And her top coat is peeling a lil...no biggie! But how does she run is what I NEEDED to know! And let me just say....Amazing! From day one...it was love at first sight...then true love at first drive. Buy one...if you see it...grab it!!! Seriously! And she had 169k miles on her...and we are now going on 175k....and all I've needed...thus far (knocking on wood!) was an oil change...windshield wipers...and a tire due to a nail! I do take her to the BMW dealer....the best service too by the way...Otto's BMW in West Chester, PA....I love those folks. When she leaves there after an oil change....all clean and smelling good....she purrrrrrsss! As if to say....Thank You!!! I only put premium gas in her....Shell V-Tech w/Nitro....also the best...in my car...nothing is too good! IJS And this is just for say.... This car is my first import, black car, convertible, coupe, rear-wheel drive, and sports car....but my BEST car first and for most. And that's how she got her name... NuNu...cause she is very Nu to me is so many different ways as an owner. Thanks for reading...and pay attention to the reviews on this car....cause they are true to life! #BMWGIRL #BMW4LIFE #ULTIMATEDRIVINGMACHINE

I'll own this car forever
By drandy

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

I bought my 328 convertible in '99 with 11k miles, loved it for 10 years, sold it to a needy college kid for two years, and bought it back 18 months ago. With 125k miles on it, the car is still a delight to drive. Soft top is still in good shape, mechanicals are still rock solid, drive is a delight. I use a local German car specialty shop that is much less expensive than a dealership, so brakes, hoses, etc., aren't as expensive as they might be. With classic good looks and wonderful driving behavior, this car typifies, "the Ultimate Driving Machine" - I'm a BMW-owner for life. If you need to choose between a newer non-beemer or an older beemer, go with the beemer. You won't regret it!

Fully power-operated soft top that has lasted for more than 15 years Driver-oriented ergonomics fit me to a "T" Heated seats and the optional wind-blocker make for great 4-season driving Drives like nothing else

Cup holder is useless

Ageless
By neils1

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

Though now nearly 15y ears old,it has features that most new cars still don't have. Handling is very good, takes corners at 30 mph though not recommeneded for safety reasons. 0-60 in under 7 seconds, still good by even today's standards, very good in the late 90s. Steering is well balanced, not heavy oe too light. My 04 Infinity feels like a tank in comparison sterring wise. Car feels very solid, though it moves athletically. Everything is expensive to repair, but the engine itself is very solid-no oil leaks, shakes, overheating, stalling in the 3 years I have had it (purchased at 100k miles).

Trip computer, handling, acceleration, overall integrity of body and chassis. Longevity (expected)

Electrical system, catalytic converters, stereo, seats (small for big butts).

My baby
By baby

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car with 60K on it whom ever owned it prior to myself didn't take as good of care as I do. If it rains it stays in the garage. I need a new top and the driver's door panel, but with danian suspension and cold air induction this car makes 31.6mpg it is a standard shift and I cannot say enough about it. Needs a new top and secondary air cooler but still an awesome baby handles great and turns heads. It has a spoiler on the rear black with black top tan interior. I have worked hard on the paint and it looks very good these days. I am in love!

Handling, speed, and mpg!

Door panels able to replace and not so expensive to replace the top. The brake dust problem is troublesome since I have two 740 il and the 3 series I know of this problem well!

It's a Keeper!
By Robert

1997 BMW 3 Series Convertible 328i 2dr Convertible

I am the second owner of this car. It had 35250 miles when I bought it and now 2 1/2 years later I've only put 2000 miles on it. It was special ordered with the Dakar Yellow that was only available in the M series that year. So...to me it's pretty rare. I keep it covered in the garage and rarely drive it. It always turns heads whenever I take it out. Most of the ones like this are beat. I plan on having it forever. I love this car!

I love the color. That was the main selling point to me.

It is what it is...and for the time it was built I don't think they could have improved on it.