My First BMW
By Yves on
1996 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy this car. I have never owned anything close to this car before. I have driven many north american and a few european models and this car's driving experience exceeded all of those and my expectations. The engine is silky smooth right to the redline and puts out plenty of go. Although the auto transmission may not provide as much pure joy as the stick, the manual shift option comes close. The suspension is pure genius. Never too harsh, it provides a stable, confidence inspiring platform at any speed or road condition. Drop the top, and this little white car goes from attractive to gorgeous. Every time I drive it, I can't stop smiling.
Favorite Features
The drop top transforms this car from solid performer to a wonderful driving experience. The very comfortable heated seats are a like the suspension; perfect for any condition. Auto climate control works seamlessly. For do it yourselfers like me, oil and plug changes are a breeze.
Suggested Improvements
OK, let's be honest. The original sound system is barely adequate. The trunk can maybe take weekend stuff for 2 with strategic packing. And the electronics seem way too complex and therefore prone to failure. Any serious malfunction will likely involve a Break My Wallet repair facility.