Great little coupe
By Hellrot on
1996 BMW 3 Series 328is 2dr Coupe
Very comfortable highway car. I'm 6'3" 220 lbs. and I have plenty of room. It has plenty of power for the highway and is very agile in city traffic. The central locking system these Germans designed is a tough one to figure out. That's my only beef. The car is very tight, solid. At high speeds it is quiet and smooth. You definitely have to pay attention to your speed or set the cruise control otherwise you'll be traveling 80+ mph and not realize it. It handles like it is on rails but still maintains a smooth ride quality. This is my first BMW. I have owned 30 different cars over the last 30+ years. This car impressed me so much that I'll be adding another BMW to my collection very soon.
Favorite Features
The layout of the controls. Duel heating and a/c zones. I like it cool, the little lady likes it hot, with the duel zone we are both happy. The factory stereo is on of the best sounding stock systems I have heard. The trunk lid opens really far out of your way. High quality interior components.
Suggested Improvements
Simplify the central locking system. Make the delay wiper mode so it can be adjusted by the driver, speed up or slow down. I find the single preset unadjustable wiper delay to be to slow for any rain situation above a slight drizzle.