1996 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: Great Date Car

1996 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Review

Great Date Car
By littlehorses on

1996 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible

Found it on a used Corvette lot. Sat in both but found my old body liked the BMW better. Every woman in my life perfered the BMW. Drives and looks like a dream.Haven't had all the electrical problems yet except it says to "check coolant" from time to time, nothing wrong. Had to replace the low pressure power steering hose and the fan belt tensioner assembly. At 65K miles the tensioner pulley would scream at start up. Never owned a car that required that fix. The dealer spent close to $1000 fixing or replacing the top cable system.

I have the sport package, the seats are hard but very supportive. I took this car on long trips and my back did better than my Expedition. The 328i engine runas smooth as silk and has plenty of power for this car. I probably would have gotten into trouble with the Corvette.

How can the Japanese get the same problems and fix them and BMW and Volvo T5 both German engineering, continue to have the same critisim year after year. Even enough they can't find their own defects, they should at least listen to their customers and fix the problems.